Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest timpani

Editors, What is your favourite wall texture?

TEKGREN2, BRICK6, BROWNGRN, SKINMET2 (no by the way, they are bothersome to align correctly when using diagonal walls with end vertices connected to the grid, but then again, they look good), METAL2

I like them too, but only in small amounts. A large area with any one of them as the main texture doesn't look very good imo.

stphrz said:

I like them too, but only in small amounts. A large area with any one of them as the main texture doesn't look very good imo.

No, definitely not. SHAWN2 is a good doorline texture, but it quickly gets ugly with extensive use.

I beg to differ. An entire scene with ONLY SHAWN2 might suck but you can combine a large amount of the silver textures and certain blue lights to make a really really cool scene.

Guest timpani

So you all beginners love SHAWN2. It makes me sound like you're all beginners because I know most of you guys are good designers. I like any texture, which fits into a good theme. STARGR1, GSTONE1, BRICK7, SUPPORT3, TEKWALL4, BROWN96, BRONZE3 FIRELAV2 and ZIMMER1.

I used to think that incredible pewter coloured SHAWN2 was a stunning texture in my earlier days of designing because it would make me feel like I was on a Spaceship. Check out Level 17: Spacelab of the Twilight Zone II (A PC by me) it has very good uses of Shawny/Silver/Pewter textures.

Just don't use SHAWN2 together with a floor texture like RROCK05, Bah. For example FLAT14 floors looks good with SHAWN2 walls and CEIL4_1 Ceilings, throw in a few crates and lights here and there and a few windows looking out into space, thet'll will be the perfect SHAWN2 level.

Guest QuarK

Well, I like the STARxxx textures but Startan3 really. And i
like CompBlue too, an Brownxx.

Guest Eugene

Hmmmmm... What's my favorite texture, huh?
Well, lets see...Let me think about this ridle. Uh uh! I've got it, and my answer is : I LUV LOTS OF THE TEXTURES, especialy COMPBLUE and all of the green marble textures.