Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grul

A problem

Making leves in the Doom community has some advantages. One is that it isn't that enourmously large, and then it is rather dedicated, so there are good possibilities that your level doesn't "drown among others" even if it is good. Then, there are disadvantages. One such is that it is very hard to get your level reviewed. To make a review for a Doom level needs at least some work, and many are not prepared to do that work for a game that was released several years ago. I did barely manage to get my level Marduk reviewed, and that was after about three-four weeks and three sent mails. What I want to say is that feedback is important for level making (at least for me). If it is anything the Doom community is lacking, then that is effective feedback.

Unfortunately I've to agree. I nearly got any feedback for my levels or my ZDooM launcher. But, do you always give feedback? I do not, I simply forget it most times. Maybe we all should try to give more feedback.

Dude, I'm sorry about putting off the reviews. I am still waiting on Cradle and the other one you submitted. We'll get on a reviewing spree in a few weeks, there's like 10 planned reviews already.

It's true. It's not all up to the level reviewers, though. If you like a WAD that you downloaded, sent the author a note. If you didn't like it, or thought it was just another WAD, and wasn't anything special, then tell him that too. He/she spent all that time making the level, I don't think a friendly little note is too much to ask.

Lüt said:

Dude, I'm sorry about putting off the reviews. I am still waiting on Cradle and the other one you submitted. We'll get on a reviewing spree in a few weeks, there's like 10 planned reviews already.

Heh. No problem, I'm not planning a lawsuit against you. Besides, your site is down with doomnation, right? Get it up again, it is a good site. I'm not telling you that to get a better reviewCOUGH COUGH *nose grows large*