Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Ultimate Doom Episode Legalized and Updated

Here's another 'legalized' Ultimate Doom full episode
(9 single-player maps) updated on Walnut Creek.

It's boom-tc2.zip (1.5MB) and features all new monsters
and weapons. The original version (boom-tc.zip) contained
an illegal doom.exe, this one's got an equivalent DeHackEd patch and a single wad file. Play it with Boom, PRboom, MBF, SMMU, PrjDoom, ZDoom, ZDoomGL, Legacy, glLegacy, etc.

You can get it from:
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/newstuff/boom-tc2.zip

and (I think) here:
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/levels/doom/a-c/boom-tc2.zip

Very influenced by Hexen. Nice to play, but the new monsters look a little bit crappy.
For further updated wad releases: Can't you include the DeHackEd patch in the wad? I'm so lazy and I would not have to use the -deh parameter in ZDooM then :)

That's not a good idea. Some ports (plus the original DOOM itself!) don't have that feature. It could be done, though, if both internal and external DEH files were included.

That's what I wanted to say. The DeHackEd patch in the wad and as stand-alone patch. Since the patches are not big it won't increase the size of the zip...

boris said:

Very influenced by Hexen. Nice to play, but the new monsters look a little bit crappy.
For further updated wad releases: Can't you include the DeHackEd patch in the wad? I'm so lazy and I would not have to use the -deh parameter in ZDooM then :)

No way, sorry guys.
Of the long list of compatible ports I mentioned above,
only ZDoom and I think SMMU can handle the dehacked lump.
I'm even lazier than you guys, so writing a long winded explanation in the text file about who uses the -deh command
and who doesn't, sounds all too hard to me. Besides, some of the Source Ports are still active and could add that feature in the future. I wanted to remain as un-port-specific as possible :)

Sparky