Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sparky

One Must Fall TC for Doom or Ultimate Doom

This is an unauthorized update of the Doom TC based on the game "One Must Fall" from Epic Software.

This version is single-player only and contains just a single wad and a DeHackEd patch. It features all new weapons and monsters, and just the one map. The monster sprites are quite complex looking, so you'll want to play this in high resolution.
Try it with PRboom, ZDoom, ZDoomGL, Legacy, glLegacy.
(will also work with Boom, MBF, SMMU and PrjDoom).

Being unauthorized, I won't be distributing this through the regular channels. You can get it here (2.1MB): http://www.eisa.net.au/~kelm/files/dmf-sp.zip

It's good to see you back in the swing of things. Keep up the good work, dude.

Thanks mate.

You're obviously a serious wad collector :)

Some people collect stamps, others coins,
... we collect wads!

"Good, bad, what the difference? I'm the man with the wad" ;)

Seriously though, have you played this one yet?
It's really quite unusual, and very difficult until you get used to the new monsters and weapons. It's worth checking out just for the health/ammo which floats just out of reach until you shoot it - a very cool effect I'd never seen before.

Sparky

I plan on playing it very soon. At the moment I'm in the middle of creating a 5-level set for ZDooM using Half-Life textures, enemies, and weapons. It's excruciatingly slow, because I'm learning ACS scripting and I'm putting a lot of details into the maps. But I'll check out One Must Fall when I get a chance.

Btw, did you see the great review of Siebenburgen at Team Insanity? Kudos to you and Grul.

ReX said:

I plan on playing it very soon. At the moment I'm in the middle of creating a 5-level set for ZDooM using Half-Life textures, enemies, and weapons. It's excruciatingly slow, because I'm learning ACS s

Yeah, I saw that review. I really enjoy Patrik's levels.
It's about time he got reviewed because he's been pushing for it for such a long time. I hope he gets some recognition 'cause he's just upgraded his computer and there's a very real chance the community might lose him to one of the newer games :(
I seriously hope that doesn't happen.

I only spent about 6 or 7 hours on sieben.wad so I didn't expect to get a mention in the review. Patrik spent weeks of hard work and he deserves such a good review score. I was suprised the reviewer didn't use the promo image supplied with the wad though :(

By the way, you could save yourself a lot of work if you use Cyb's HalfLife wad - monsters and weapons but he wants someone to take it over and turn it into a TC.

It's called hlgfx.zip and it's somewhere on
http://members.xoom.com/cybspage

I hope this helpful.

Sparky

Um yeah, sorry that I didn't mention you Sparky. But I'm claiming ignorance cause it's not spelt out in the text file :-(