Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirgalahadwizar

doom64 -> doom

If anyone would be willing to undertake this endeavor...
I want to make a mod for computer-based doom that puts the doom64 versions of it's monsters into it.
Sounds kinda hard but I heard someone said it was possible, that there was a gfx ripper somewhere.

If you were to help me, I would need all 8 rotations of all the frames the monster(s) in question have (means that I don't want screenies, I want core gfx or screenies of core gfx). I would only need the pics and the size of them wouldn't matter since I would be digitally editing them anyway (for palette, resizing, etc.)

Sounds aren't needed unless you want to do that too.

I don't have the doom64 rom, don't have an n64, don't have a n64 emulator, and cant run an n64 emulator (unless there's one that will run without a 3D accelerator). So others would have to rip the gfx for me, I would re-format them so they're of normal doom size and no color shifts happen.

If anyone would do this... I want the arachnotron first becuz it looks so damn cool (at least it does on that "doom galaxy" website under the "console" section).

Guest Sir psycho sexy

hehe you're getting quite busy doing doom things ain't ya m8.
I will destroy you next time we play :-) (i hope)

Dude, thats what im doing RIGHT now. Thats my project. It will have all new levels, and D64 monsters. And D64 weapons, and D64 textures, and power ups... etc. -Jeremy

Sir psycho sexy said:

go to z64.com, they have an adapter so u can play consoles on youre pc screen.

Sir psycho sexy said:

Id probably be one of the best deahtmatchers around except for the fact I AIN'T GOT NOTHING COOL to play to prove myself - like quake 3 or UT. If I had either one of those, I'd probably be a little more popular than I am now.

I just got started playing multiplayer doom, and my skills at single player seem to apply nicely here. As for csdoom, I don't even recoginze that it exists because of the fool I've been made out to be on there (humiliating frag counts not in my favor).

And no, I didn't terminate the Xcom 2 PC for EDGE, in case you were wondering...
I can stretch over lots of differernt projects because I have a helluva amount of free time (~6 hours/day+) <knock on wood!>.

The other day I made an M-16 mod from a screenshot of the M-33 from goldeneye64.

Jeremy said:

Dude, thats what im doing RIGHT now. Thats my project. It will have all new levels, and D64 monsters. And D64 weapons, and D64 textures, and power ups... etc. -Jeremy

Well, I hope you do it right.
I was wondering if I could do some of the digital editing for the monsters/weaps to get them "picture-perfect" for the doom environment (Eg, making sure there is no palette conflicts, making sure the images don't turn to crap when resized down to be really small, etc).

Basicially I want to work on the gfx that you try to make look good, but have problems with - I can probably fix it.

Sir psycho sexy said:

Potto?

kain said:

go to z64.com, they have an adapter so u can play consoles on youre pc screen.

Yeah, but i only got a "virtual video card". I don't have a card in any slot that acts as a video card. My video is on my motherboard and shares 4mb of my ram. I do not have openGL support. Most emulators for PSX or higher seem to require a 3D accelerator to run them - and that is something I just don't have or will be able to aqquire.

But if it works on my system though... thanx a bunch.

Guest destROYer

Fuck I will help as much as I can! email me, Ive been wanting to help someone for a while and a doom64 tc FUCKING GREAT!!