Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jon^c

christ

Everyone is asking for help with projects, these days, getting a project done is incredibly hard and no one is willing to provide quality work towards it. At this point if you really want to see something done, you'll need to do it yourself.

I think people need to lower their sights a little. I won't name any names, but I constantly see people wanting to do a complete 32 level TC for Zdoom or some other port, with new weapons, sprites, textures, scripting, blah blah blah. Most of these people haven't a clue how to make good basic maps. It can literally take years for a team of very skilled designers to put together a good TC. Quality takes time. Look how long it took for Darkening E2 to come out. Where are all the good simple projects. A complete episode for Ultimate Doom for example. Or perhaps a megawad for Doom2. I know you have done things along these lines. There are a few such projects in the works, but there isn't enough of them. If people would set reasonable goals, set up the kind of projects that have half a chance of being completed I bet they would have a lot less trouble finding team members to help out.
I agree with you all the way on this one. Don't start a project unless you have the skills and time to do it all yourself. Then if you are lucky enough to find help, great. If not, then it's no big deal really.

Stphrz said:

Where are all the good simple projects. A complete episode for Ultimate Doom for example. Or perhaps a megawad for Doom2. There are a few such projects in the works, but there isn't enough of them.

I am working on each of these. I just can't maintain their website and do their levels at the same time. I tried many months ago and it sucked (anybody remember Das Heiß)?

Stphrz said:

I think a 10-15 level doom2 wad with all top quality levels or the same for a doom episode is the best. I don't like new monsters, weapons and all that bullshiat. Im not that keen on single-level releases either.
Well, that's just me i guess... surely a lot of people like TC's and PC's a lot, but i just want GOOD levels.