Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Alpha To Beta To Gamma To Windows

Eternity version 3.29 Gamma is out. The source port now features particle events linked to frames, with dehacked edition planned, the Quicksave and Quickload issues have been fixed and... this is the first version of Eternity available for windows!

whats with the super small window when Eternity starts?

I tried -fullscreen, -width 640 -height 480, and still gives me this small window.

Julian said:

YIIIIIIIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Settle down Julian, it's just a port :-)

whats with the super small window when Eternity starts?

Not sure, but try using the video modes section in the Options menu. Works for me.

Settle down Julian, it's just a port :-)

Says the guy who's in the special thanks with me :P

As far as music problems... I'm trying to write up a DirectMusic wrapper library (in VB, ugh - I'd rip code from EDGE for this, but no thanks right now) so the music may be better-behaved.

* Kori gives out hugs to everyone.

KDarigal said:

* Kori gives out hugs to everyone.

* BBG resists the urge to hump KDarigal's leg

Why does my monitor give an "sync. out of range" error when I try to use 320x200 or 640x400? I don't like the black stripes on the other fullscreen modes.

Heh, map02 sounds like a waterpark when the monsters are happily splashing away in the tunnels. :P

I had black stripes too, which are easily removed by resizing the picture on your monitor :)

Well I can't do anything about the hugging and leg humping problems, but, Deathman, try this. Edit eternity.cfg and find the line that says v_mode. I think that's Quasar speak for resolution. Set it to 1 and see what happens.

NiGHTMARE said:

I had black stripes too, which are easily removed by resizing the picture on your monitor :)

Heh, now why didn't I think of that! :D

Still, it's a bit annoying to resize it back and forth, for other games.

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Thanks for using the Eternity Engine.

When I tried to start a new game, difficulty ITYTD, doom2 1.9, at 640x400 fullscreen.

And now it won't start. It gets to setting graphics mode and then deploys the parachute.

Arioch: Probaly cause you, just like me. Got one of these fancy new GFX cards such as GF3 or whatnot that won't work with the fullscreenmode.

Just delete eternity.cfg and run again. In windowed mode. Until Quasar, have fixed this issue.

Heh. Voodoo5 BAAAAAAABY!

Yeah, fullscreen seems amazingly borked.

And this sucker needs an autorun toggle config option and button. Unless I'm missing something.

But otherwise it looks pretty good and polished. Sound and MIDI seem to work fine.

Good work, guys. And fix that crash bug. :P

darknation said:

Fanfuckingtastic.

Any wads that show off all the fabby features?

Try Caverns Of Darkness !!! (shame self promotion)

Cya!

Arioch said:

And this sucker needs an autorun toggle config option and button. Unless I'm missing something.

Its capslock by default, and you can set it via the config file to the ASCII code of any key. Its not dynamically bindable for various reasons.

LorD BaZTArD said:

I'm sure you know this already, but just to remind you, Caverns of darkness uses the eternity engine.

COD comes with his own engine (COD.exe) based on eternity engine.
But, there are lots of people that can get the thing running on some OS (win2k, ME and XP) and many people feel more confortable with a windows based engine, so maybe you can test if COD runs with the new Windows version of eternity and enjoy the whole stuff.
I'm at work now and can't test this, and this release take me by surprise this morning. Good job! this engine rocks!

I'm sure you know this already, but just to remind you, Caverns of darkness uses the eternity engine.

No, as Nokturnus says, it uses a MODIFIED Eternity engine, hence my question.

I tried warping to all the levels to see if they worked, and there's a load of unknown thing type errors on all the levels except map03. It doesn't seem to hinder gameplay or anything, though so far I'm only up to map02 so it could do.

Fuck I just realised James has got the code there. COD won't work with straight Eternity 100% but it should more or less work for those itching to get started.

/me grabs a Coke, the new source and starts work on the Windows version of COD