Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Best Aliens TC?

Which Aliens TC is the best out there? I know there's tons on ftp.cdrom.com, but I would like to get the opinions of other people out there of what they think the best one is, not counting Justin Fisher's TC, because we all know it's the greatest.

There are many and I have them all save on my drives, but I played only one yet:

Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator
http://members.xoom.com/Interleave/avpvt.zip
(I hope the link still works)

very well made, nice weapons and you will have a fearfull time in a maze...

The one thing I'd love to know is how did Justin get away with making that TC? Surely those overreacting bastards at Fox would have had his head.

Heh, my family (except for me because I wasn't all that interested) went to sydney's fox studios. The prices are horrible, BTW. When they went inside my father was going to video a little of the aliens exhibit for me, but he was stopped because they seem to think every idiot with a video camera is out to make ripoffs of their stuff. Totally paranoid I tell you!

Peter Heinemann said:

There are many and I have them all save on my drives, but I played only one yet:

Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator
http://members.xoom.com/Interleave/avpvt.zip
(I hope the link still works)

very well made, nice weapons and you will have a fearfull time in a maze...

Gooday Peter,

The 'legalized' version without the doom2.exe is available on Walnut Creek (2.4 MB):

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/themes/apt/avpvt2.zip

Aiieh, I did not tealized that is was illegal. I played it and it was quiet fun. The file I linked was 4.4 MB.
Thanks for the link - I will download it and than have both packages on my harddisk.
Is also the doom2.exe still copyrighted? I believed only the iwads were prohibited to give away as copys.
There were - just for example - the first version of "Herian" (heretic-theme PC) which is every time - after uploading on ftp.cdrom - deleted in a few days. There are copyrighted recourses in this wad. Well, I am happy to have this wad since it is so hard to get.

As far as I know, Herian1 is being rejected at cdrom.com because it contains a modified Doom2 map. Once upon a time modified id maps were accepted (check out all the e1m1*.wad levels on an old cd collection). But now Ty's the maintainer and he runs a tight ship when it comes to copyright (both id's copyright and amateur wad builder's copyright).