Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

Family Vacations

AARRUUGHH!!

Well, I'm a week behind everyone, mostly because of my stupid, stupid family, and now I see there's a new forum, so I gotta catch up.

My family decided to go to Saskatchewan for our trip. I spend five fucking hours in a cramped minivan with no AC on a 35ºC afternoon, with only one stop for food and drink: McDonalds

/me shudders

Oh well, to make a long story short, I'm recovering from 2nd degree sunburns, mosquito and tick bites, and reletives who keep saying "you sound so much like your father". Ugh

Anyways, anyone got any god-awful vacation stories/ranting they want to share?

I probably won't be going anywhere this entire summer.

Hehem...my weeks is going pretty groovy. The one thing that sucks though is that I went to bed at 5:00 am, and I was awakened 3 hours later by firewerks and they won't fucking stop, and I'm like an insomniac in the middle of the bleeding day.

This weekend, the four of us are piling into the old man's Sierra and heading for our cabin in the mountains. When my dad and I go up, it's cool. Add my mom, and it'll be awkward; add my sister, and it'll be hell. Just glad we're not taking our younger dog; the thought of the four of us crammed into the truck cab is bad enough without that hyperactive little terror trying to get some me-space as well.

This'll be an interesting/weird trip. The Uinta wildfire (I'm sure you've all heard about) is about a hundred klicks east of our cabin.

IMJack said:

This weekend, the four of us are piling into the old man's Sierra

Scary, it was son's 21st last week, but he was on holiday in Cyprus for 2 weeks, I have bought him a Sierra, and he does not know yet, threw him off scent by buying him lots of clothes for his holiday etc :),he has no idea :)

Insomniac.. First, why would your family want to come here for a vacation? And in what city did you visit McDonalds? Where the heck did you go?

fodders said:

Scary, it was son's 21st last week, but he was on holiday in Cyprus for 2 weeks, I have bought him a Sierra, and he does not know yet, threw him off scent by buying him lots of clothes for his holiday etc :),he has no idea :)

Adopt me!

AndrewB said:

Insomniac.. First, why would your family want to come here for a vacation?

[/b]

Most of my extended family live in Sask. We go there every summer to visit them. Also because I was born in Saskatoon.

And in what city did you visit McDonalds?

Calgary (before we left), and Brooks (on the way back).

Where the heck did you go?

My Grandparents on my mom's side live in Moose Jaw. My Dad's parent's live in a town an hour east of Regina called Wolsley.

no offence, but why do you care so much?

DooMBoy said:

I probably won't be going anywhere this entire summer.

Same here.
No money, no friends. I think I'll spend most of my time with my parents; great joy. Yes, It looks like my vacation is yet again going to be a great succes.
As a little kid I used to love vacation, but now it seems to have lost it's magic.

Hope this wasn't to depressing...

Scientist said:

I think I'll spend most of my time with my parents; great joy.

Parents are a great joy, they are not there forever and will have given up about 25 years of their life to comfort and care for you

I seem to only vacation in three places: Washington State, Oregon, and British Columbia. But thats okay, because I could just live in this area for the fucking rest of my life, its so great.

Little Faith said:

Moving away from home allows me to avoid family vacations. A great relief.

I hate you.

I don't mind going oh holiday with my parents, mostly because they pay for it. I can't really afford a holiday with my freinds at the moment. No, I definitely can't afford one, hence the double shifts I'm pulling..

So much complaining!
My summer will consist of shopping, paying bills, changing shitty nappies, running round frantically after 18-month-old doddling toddler, and generally tearing my hair out.
Somewhere within that tirade of effore lies the occasional relaxing evening.

You young whipper-snappers have got it easy ;)

At the moment, i'm living at my bro's house while my parents are vacationing in New Hampshire. We got smoked out the first 3 nights, drunk the next and spent the past few sober (he's kinda broke..wonder why?)

It's sort of frustrating, because i'm 100 KM away from my friends at home and i can't commute in the city; This is my outlet. It also seems like no one's on ICQ