Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

Temple of the Ancients is done!

5-level hub, set in a variety of environments. You start in a command center, but explore medieval and techno-medieval areas as you uncover the secrets of the Temple of the Ancients.

These levels extensively use Q3A textures and Q2 weapons, and intricate architecture. They also feature cool new skies, & scripting. ZDooM features include translucency, laser barriers, underwater environments, true elevators, colored lighting, fog, slippery surfaces (ice), quakes, 3D bridges, etc.

Coming soon to an FTP site near YOU!

Update: The file (temple.zip) is in the incoming directory at cdrom.com, and will hopefully be in the newstuff directory soon.

Update to Update: There already was a temple.zip in the ports section of cdrom.com, therefore Ty named my file temple2.zip. Here is the link:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/temple2.zip

By the time Randy released v1.23 beta 8 or 9 (with the slopes) I had already completed all the mapping. I did not want to go back and redo the maps with the new features. I must admit, however, that slopes are very cool. Check out the arches in my levels, however.

From IRC:

<Tarin> ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/temple2.zip
<Tarin> download this
<*****> no
<Tarin> needs zdoom
<Tarin> DOWNLOAD DAMNIT !()"=§!)"§/!"§?
<Tarin> it's the best stuff I've ever played for zdoom

I guess that's everything to say ;)

Guest Archvile46

I'm just downloaded it and I'm gonna check it out in a bit. I'll let you know what I think.

boris said:

From IRC:

<Tarin> ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/temple2.zip
<Tarin> download this
<*****> no
<Tarin> needs zdoom
<Tarin> DOWNLOAD DAMNIT !()"=§!)"§/!"§?
<Tarin> it's the best stuff I've ever played for zdoom

I guess that's everything to say ;)

Heh. High praise from someone that not only created one of my ZDooM bibles (acsstuff.wad), but also gave me plenty of advice and suggestions on ZDooM scripting. I'm glad you liked it.

Guest Archvile46
Archvile46 said:

I'm just downloaded it and I'm gonna check it out in a bit. I'll let you know what I think.

That was THE most amazing partial conversion I have ever played! Finally, a more creative end-boss scenario. That entire thing was a work of genius. And I though I had seen it all when you released Paranoia. Wow.

It gets difficult to type when one is blushing. You flatter me, but.... do go on!

Thanks for your very heartening words. Having put in many long hours into the levels, it's gratifying to hear that they are being appreciated.

(Got to stay humble. Got to stay humble. Got to stay humble.)