Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

Who wants some Heretic levels?

Heh, just out of boredom, I made my first (EVER!) map for Heretic.

It looks good, because I'm already used to WAD editing, but I just wondered if anybody would be interested in the finished episode, when I've done it.

Check my page (URL in my sig, below) for some shots, but no download... I'm tweaking the map to perfection.

Let me know, huh?

Very nice looking screen shots. Heretic is a very under-rated game, forever living in the shadow of DooM. Perhaps I should try my hand at some mapping for Heretic.

As far as interest in your finished episode, count me in.

ReX said:

Very nice looking screen shots

IMO they look like shit. Thanks to the PRINT SCREEN KEY, and PHOTOED's poor dithering, of course.

How do you 'properly' take screens w/ Heretic?

I agree with Rex, the screenies look really nice. At least what they are of does. I also see what you mean about the dithering.

I haven't tried it too much, but Zdoom 1.23 beta 24 seems pretty stable with heretic. Using the print screen button in zdoom will take a screen shot for you, and it will even be in high res if you are running the game in a high resolution mode (obviously).

Jayextee said:

How do you 'properly' take screens w/ Heretic?

I have done this in forever. If I remember correctly, the -devparm parameter enables screenshots in Doom by pressing F1 (which would regularly be "help"). In Heretic, I think there might have been an additional parameter called -ravpic that you might need to type in also. Again, press F1 and it should take the screenshots.