Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

ZDoom / DeHackEd

During the whole HACX craze, I heard that you could actually import a DEH file into a WAD file, load it into ZDoom, and use a DeHackEd file that way. I thought, if I could somehow merge ZDoom and DeHackEd together like that, it would be so awesome.. I actually tried that. I loaded it up in ZDoom. Most of the things worked, except that I noticed that the regular Doom2 cheat codes still worked. It was dissapointing to find that it wasn't an absolute thing...

Anyway, would you suppose there's any way that a better DeHackEd support could somehow be molded into ZDoom, ever?

Um... I do know that you can put a Dehacked lump into a WAD and run it in ZDoom. I don't know if it's the same format as a Dehacked lump in a MBF WAD, but i would assume so. I can't imagine that a Dehacked lump would have properties any different from those in a simple .deh, though.

Huh?

I've merged dehacked files into a Zdoom wad before, and the new cheats worked fine.

Linguica said:

Um... I do know that you can put a Dehacked lump into a WAD and run it in ZDoom. I don't know if it's the same format as a Dehacked lump in a MBF WAD, but i would assume so. I can't imagine that a Dehacked lump would have properties any different from those in a simple .deh, though.

Yes ling, it is the same