Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

JHexen Messed Up Graphics...

Well, with my shiny new Voodoo3 16MB AGP, I decided to download JHexen just last night. I started it up the first time, it was smooth enough. But the game speed was really strange and slow. Oh, and the sound was an awful blaring grinding noise, although the MIDI was great. I exited JHexen, re-entered, and the speed was normal enough, but the sound was still awful.

Well, I finally decided to try restarting the computer. I loaded up JHexen.. Lo and behold, the sound worked! No more grinding noise. Everything sounded the way it should!

But there was something seriously wrong with the graphics. Everything was spelled strange, and the first level was really weird. Polygons sticking out everywhere.. I've tried reinstalling JHexen, restarting the computer several times without saving my work.. Moving my desk.. Upgrading my mousepad.. Nothing works! Here's an example of what it looks like to me..

- http://andrewb.net/images/Hexen00.gif -

Help, anyone? Thanks.

The only thing I can think of is that you are running in the wrong acceleration mode. You can set the renderer in the little start up program.

Guest TonyD

Hey,

I know what the problem is...
You have a opengl32.dll file in jhexens dir, which is actually a minigl. You must have the opengl32.dll file for your specific card i think. The mini opengl32.dll for my voodoo2 is about 138k, while the real opengl32.dll is something like 680k. Gl legacy lets you use minigl if u select it, but jhexen and family must use the proper opengl32.dll file for your card. So your gonna have to get it if you don't have it somewhere else already.

If you can't get that to work use direct3D.

You know, you're right. Come to think of it, I did copy the Hexen II opengl32.dll file to the Hexen directory. Just to try it out, to see what would happen if I went -dll opengl32.dll. And then that didn't work, and I switched back, and things started acting up. I didn't know what leaving the file in the directory would cause such a thing! Thanks!