Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Heinemann

Doom Poster is up for download - link inside

Since fraggle generously gave me some space on his superfast Uni-server, here is the link to the red demon poster:

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~sdh300/poster/

in that directory, it awaits you
as jpeg in a zip archive (redface.zip) 25mb
and
as png (redface.png) 18mb
plus a readme and a pic from id office

if you want to see the preview again:
http://people.freenet.de/flammberg/demon_poster

Next thing I am going to get is dsl, that´s for sure :)

Thanks again, fraggle :)

Yay ! 580 K/sec, baby !

Well, shit. That's one hell of a sweet poster. Too bad I don't have a giant printer or anything. Thanks German boy, you made my day.

My local store had a whole bunch of these on display when Ultimate Doom came out. I asked for one but no dice. :-( Now all I got to do is find someone with broadband to DL it for me. Thanks.

How the fuck is anybody with a 56k supposed to download that? Don't worry I am but ill shrink it and comprese it down so no one else has to wait that long for a graphic.

The Big Robb said:

How the fuck is anybody with a 56k supposed to download that? Don't worry I am but ill shrink it and comprese it down so no one else has to wait that long for a graphic.

You miss the point. The image is supposed to be printed out. Like in a giant printer to make a poster. It has to be of good quality to do that. Compress it and the image and corresponding poster will look like crap.

You miss the point. The image is supposed to be printed out. Like in a giant printer to make a poster. It has to be of good quality to do that. Compress it and the image and corresponding poster will look like crap.

Good point. I'm still gonna create a low quality version. :) Just another hour untill it downloads. Stupid 56k.

The Big Robb said:

Good point. I'm still gonna create a low quality version. :) Just another hour untill it downloads. Stupid 56k.

Where will you put it?

Well I've downloaded it but when I load the .tif into Paint Shop Pro 7 when it loads (after about 5 minutes) I try to shrink it down to 20% of the original size and it takes so long it eventually crashes my comp. Sorry fellas.

Well, 56k modems might not be suitable for downloading big files - and they are definitely not good for uploading them - it took me 2 1/2 hour for putting the file up to someone´s ftp. Fraggle sucked the same file in 3 or 5 minutes :)

So, time for you and me to upgrade to dsl, no question.

The problem with jpeg is, that this format only works good on high detailed images, images without much detail or greyscale pics will not become much smaller unless you choose the biggest compression ratio - and this will result in the poorest quality. In addition to that, every new saving of the file will reduce the image quality again until you receive nothing more than fog.

Please don´t forget to link to the original file, ok? :)

Especially this file may need colour adjusting before print. I usually tend to make all pictures brighter. I did not want to give the poster a yellowish red... Anyway, I advice to test the image before ordering the large print, maybe tell them to print it out in letter format or Din A4. I will bring up a page on which I will show colour variations of the poster for your amusement :)

Weel, thanks Peter, I'm one of that lucky bastards that work in an office with a giant plotter... it will look awesome in my bedroom!

Really Really like it

Now, what about the Doom 2 and Doom 2 Master Levels posters? :-)
The Final Doom poster would not be worthwhile...

Thanks Lord FlatHead, but you've posted The Ultimate Doom link, not Doom II - Hell on Earth...

Anyway, thanks for the Master Levels link...

I just asked a friend of a friend to print these poster-size down where he works. Yay.