Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DemonFrog

Quake 2 and 3 - style mods?

Guest DemonFrog

hey, I was just thinking... what if someone made a mod that allowed people to modify the source, then compile a dll (or something like it) and put it in a wad? It would allow a hell of a lot more flexibility (think: unlimited) than Dehacked patches. And we could start seeing some really kickass mods...

Uh... It's called EDGE, get it now:
http://edge.sourceforge.com

The "DDF" system of scripts is much more flexible than dehacked since you can actually ADD things to this.

This is a piece of cake compared to any Quake modding of any kind (from any of the quake series too).
I couldn't even figure out QuakeC (in all the time I have ever tried to use it, I have only figured out number values such as damage, health, etc.).
I had custom ddfs going in under a few hours after getting edge (well, ok I started on dosdoom but that was a long time ago in a galaxy... you get the picture).

And after you get edge, then get "immoral conduct" mod, as it is a very large expansion to the "normal" doom stuff.

(Maybe even Qdoom if your up to it, Fanatic not only has it but made it as well).