Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shadowcat

Strife?!

Guest Shadowcat

The best Doom-based game ever (IMHO) was Rogue's fantastic 'Strife'. The game is so different to Doom that there must be some rather significant changes to the original code, but perhaps not so much to the renderer?

If this is the case, does anyone know whether it's feasible to add support for Strife to any of the 3D-accelerated Doom ports?

With accelerated graphics and mouse-look, I'd replay this classic in a heartbeat!

Guest Firebrandt

The source was never released and I don't think it is going to be.
I send Rogue an email about it once but they never replied. :/

Guest Shadowcat

That's a shame.

I actually wrote to them myself, just after posting that message, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Yep, Strife is indeed a very good game. If anyone's looking for it, you should be able to order it from www.rrcd.com for something like $4.99, or if you're into the abandonware scene, it should be fairly easy to find it :)

Shadowcat said:

That's a shame.

I actually wrote to them myself, just after posting that message, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I might decompile the game if i am bored.

NiGHTMARE said:

Yep, Strife is indeed a very good game. If anyone's looking for it, you should be able to order it from www.rrcd.com for something like $4.99, or if you're into the abandonware scene, it should be fairly easy to find it :)

.. but the abandonware versions usually lacks speech and video to bring the size down....

Guest Shadowcat
Sir Fragsalot said:

I might decompile the game if i am bored.

Well I got a reply from Rogue, which was the good news. The bad news is that due to legal ownership issues, they're simply not able to release the code :-(

He said that they would love to be able to do so (and presumably they will do so if the situation changes), but for the time being their hands are tied.

> I might decompile the game if i am bored.

Given that an update might not be possible otherwise, I guess I can only hope that you get bored :)

Guest kristus
Shadowcat said:

That's a shame.

What is the URL to Rogues homepage?

Guest Shadowcat

> What is the URL to Rogues homepage?

www.rogue-ent.com
(i.e. Rogue Entertainment)

(Just to reiterate, they've already said that no amount of people asking can make them release the source, as they're legally unable to do so, so best not to write about that :)

Guest skullbucket
NiGHTMARE said:

Does anyone no where I can get the sounds and movies for this game??????