Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

Comments?

Since the redesign, there seems to be far less comments under the news posts. Any reason for that? Do you actually read the news post (say yes, or I'll die)?

oh, I heard your music on WOPN
cool stuff

Thanx :)

You didn't send anything about mod class for a while. :/

I actually preferred the old system. It was a lot easier to just scroll down to the bottom of the page and type in your info and a little message, rather than having to log into the forum, go back to the thread, hit "Post Reply," type out your message, and hit "Submit Reply" to see it. I think the whole forum software intimidates people who would otherwise like to make comments.

Oh yeah, I do read the news posts.

I think the whole forum software intimidates people who would otherwise like to make comments.

Yeah, that's what I think myself. But still, it's a big drop.

Using forum software for comments >>>>>>>> using shitty barely-working custom code for comments. That is all.

Using forum software for comments >>>>>>>> using shitty barely-working custom code for comments. That is all.

and so said the sausage :P

Bloodshedder said:

I actually preferred the old system. It was a lot easier to just scroll down to the bottom of the page and type in your info and a little message, rather than having to log into the forum, go back to the thread, hit "Post Reply," type out your message, and hit "Submit Reply" to see it. I think the whole forum software intimidates people who would otherwise like to make comments.

Oh yeah, I do read the news posts.

can't say any more right than that!

999cop said:

can't say any more right than that!

Doesn't seem to stop you from spamming the forums.

Yup I thought the small 'Latest Posts' menu made it so much easier to keep track of a news thread.It was the first thing that you saw and you could see who had posted where.Much quicker than clicking on comments and waiting for all the posts to come up.

magikal said:

Yup I thought the small 'Latest Posts' menu made it so much easier to keep track of a news thread.It was the first thing that you saw and you could see who had posted where.Much quicker than clicking on comments and waiting for all the posts to come up.

I would add that back in if I had a good place to put it on the front page.

Linguica said:

Under display options you could have like the 5 or 10 latest posts in the Doomworld News forum (but not of new threads), or you could move display options below it.

Linguica said:

Well, I'm afraid it would mean another box under the top story. Unless you wanna put it in the menu (community part).

Well, just for the record, I prefer the new system. It looks better and seems to work more efficiently (IMO of course). And I never have to log in to post unless I have given my cache and cookies a clean out. See, cookies are not always teh evil.

I post comments when I see something that pertains to me/I am interested in. It's neat how the /newstuff chronicles all of a sudden have lots of posts.

RailGunner said:

change my title back to normal. liam did this to me!

Heh, I don't think he will. Who knows? The lord works in mysterious ways.

Lower posts = summer, plus people with lives. Is the overall traffic on the site less?

The newstuff is active because there are a slew of great maps fresh out in the last month or so and everyone is talking about them.

How could anyone be intimidated by clicking on the "post reply"?

I like the new system now, although at first I thought it was marginal.

Searcher said:

Lower posts = summer, plus people with lives. Is the overall traffic on the site less?

The newstuff is active because there are a slew of great maps fresh out in the last month or so and everyone is talking about them.

How could anyone be intimidated by clicking on the "post reply"?

I like the new system now, although at first I thought it was marginal.

I would think that summer would = more posts...

RailGunner said:

liam did this to me!

Odd, considering Liam can't change titles.

RailGunner said:

i know, im being quiet on the issue

Heh. I spent about a week begging Ling to change my title after I got hit with "Total retard". I finally just shut up and ignored it.

My advice is to work on building and keeping a rep as a reasonably intelligent and somewhat sane poster. And be glad Linguica can't skullf*ck your postcount like back before the forum change (right, pritch?)

Lüt said:

Odd, considering Liam can't change titles.

People don't get that moderators cannot change titles. Christ, you don't know how many times I've been IMed with people requesting me to give them a custom title.