Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ralphis`

hrm.

Why the frig hasn't anyone done a software version of zdoomgl yet? Or Randy implemented GL into zdoom itself with a software mode. That way, we could all enjoy what we can't afford. (yet). The only alternative that has a software mode is jdoom which is pretty awesome. But, it doesn't have all of those spiffy zdoom effects. Maybe someone with coding experience could take this into consideration?

Guest Fanatic

GL means hardware acceleration. What you are asking for can't be done.

No. It was done in Unreal, and it used some really ugly dithering and stippled alpha.

Go and install OpenGL libraries. There : Opengl will activate, but the CPU will perform all the calculations because of lack of gl_extensions. It runs at 0.5 fps, though...

software rendering does all it can do. If something more could be done trust me, people would do it. but things like lens flares or spiffy rendering can't be done by a cheep video card. The memmory just isn't there. But what i have been pondering lateley is why gl ports have md2 support and non gl ports do not. Anyone clarify why this occurs?

I guess that's because md2 format is highly integrated into everything OpenGl. Non GL ports use polished span drawing, and not DirectX, that could bring 3d characters. Of course, if you do a DirectX compatible source port, you can add the same features OpenGl does...