Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Scripting in various Ports

I was wondering what specific ports use scripting and provide the best graphics capabilities?

Scripting:

ZDoom, Skull Tag, CS Doom and ZDoomGL use ACS scripting (as in Hexen).

VaVoom uses a slightly different form of ACS scripting.

EDGE uses Radius Scripting.

SMMU, Legacy and the Eternity Engine use FraggleScript.

Other ports don't have any scripting (e.g. Boom, MBF, etc). Actually, PRBoom might, but I don't know anything about that port.

Graphics:

ZDoomGL, JDoom and Legacy all use GL to radically improve the graphics (although in Legacy it's optional), and future versions of EDGE and Skull Tag will also have GL modes.

Guest kristus

Well. If youre handy you could do scripts in the reject lump of orig doom. nothing fancy like ACS or Fraggle but you can make a Cybie not see you until you do something specific.

Guest Fanatic
NiGHTMARE said:

Scripting:

ZDoom, Skull Tag, CS Doom and ZDoomGL use ACS scripting (as in Hexen).

VaVoom uses a slightly different form of ACS scripting.

EDGE uses Radius Scripting.

SMMU, Legacy and the Eternity Engine use FraggleScript.

Other ports don't have any scripting (e.g. Boom, MBF, etc). Actually, PRBoom might, but I don't know anything about that port.

Graphics:

ZDoomGL, JDoom and Legacy all use GL to radically improve the graphics (although in Legacy it's optional), and future versions of EDGE and Skull Tag will also have GL modes.

EDGE uses Radius Trigger Scripting (RTS) and Data Definition Files (DDF), which allows you to script just about anything you want. And with EDGE 1.25, you will have a killer GL engine as well.