Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest crawlie

GL Linux ports & stuff

Guest crawlie

What OpenGL supporting source ports compile on Linux? There is of course Doom Legacy, but others? PrBOOM? It says it supports GL, but I haven't either been able to find a precompiled binary supporting OpenGL and neither can I get it to compile with my libgl.h (from some mesa-development-package). Then there is ZDoom, but no ZDoomGL, I suppose.

You see, I'm spoiled by the graphics of Legacy and everything else seems ugly because on this P166 I really can't run in better resolutions than 320x240 without OpenGL (and Voodoo 1). Still, as I've now even been trying to make my own level, I'd maybe like to include some special BOOM/ZDoom-specific stuff in it, but I guess Legacy doesn't support all that, does it?

Vavoom can compile LINUX version with OpenGL. Officially it's declader as not tested, but why you couldn't try this.

Guest crawlie
Retox said:

Vavoom can compile LINUX version with OpenGL. Officially it's declader as not tested, but why you couldn't try this.

Hmm.. can it?

I'll try when I find time. I wish they released Legacy 1.31 for Linux already...