Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Duker900

EDGE 1.24 handles glnodes like a..

microsoft tech does your question,
why the hell does it screw the entire level up with glnodes build on wads?

Guest Fanatic

What's going wrong?

If you're compiling with GLBSP 1.9+, you need to pass the -v1 parameter to build the old nodes style that EDGE 1.24 uses. For example: glbsp in.wad -o out.wad -v1

For EDGE 1.25, just compile as-is with GLBSP. If you leave out the -v1 and use the level in EDGE 1.24, the sector will be all screwed up, lots of HOM and whatnot.

Shh, they'll hear you. Here, wrap yourself in this tin foil to block the Satellite beams.

/me grabs stungun

Guest crawlie

Yeah. Gl-nodes-support sucks in ports other than EDGE too:

Doom Legacy 1.31 gets HOMs and everything if you compile the level with v1 glbsp nodes. Ok, this is fine, let's use v2 nodes, but...

With v2 nodes JDoom doesn't show dynamic lights at all. Funny.

So I decided not to use glbsp nodes in my levels..

Does anybody know if glbsp nodes really make a source port run faster than with normal nodes. And if it does, how much? I haven't noticed anything. :P

Guest Fanatic

DOOM Legacy I believe uses it's own nodes similar to the GL nodes. They may have a compiler they recommend.

JDoom is probably the same, or still uses the v1 nodes. Nothing we can do about that.

GL nodes are used for GL rendering. Try compiling a level without GL nodes, run it in a GL engine, and compare.

I get a HUGE difference in speed with QDOOM, but they are all extremely complex levels.

Guest crawlie

Like I said, I haven't noticed a speed difference at all, whether I've used normal or glbsp nodes. Though I haven't tried timedemoing or anything like real benchmarking.

I've tested with Legacy, and more often PrBoom 2.1.2 in GL mode, of which the latter certainly should support glbsp nodes.
But if you really get a HUGE speed difference, maybe I should try benchmarking someday. :-)