Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FreAkish

How about something fresh?

Guest FreAkish

We all want another DooM game because DooM rules.
But I don't want the same game. If I did i'd play the one's we already have.
We already have thousands of SP & DM levels to play and have all the mods we need.
i think we should let ID have a bit of free reign and let themgo where they will witout us critsising them for doing something that isn't DooMish.
If it sucks we don't have to play it.

Guest BA Barrackas

There HAS to be a RailGun.
I'm sorry, but my mind is full of images of shooting lumps off the brain of the SpiderDemon with a railgun. :)

Guest Sethsez

I disagree. With the Quake series, there has been literally nothing tieing the games to one another. The only similarities they have is their names. I don't want that to happen with DOOM. I want a DOOM game, not a game named DOOM 3. There is a difference.

Yes, it must be a Doom game. There's room for innovation and originality in there, but it must be true to what is Doom.

Btw, I don't want Trent Reznor anywhere near the new Doom game. The soundtrack for Quake was absolute rubbish compared to Doom's.

Pfff, everything Reznor gets involved with turns to shit.

Guest Sethsez

No, just Quake. :P Also, I do think that he could make a good soundtrack, if he was allowed to make _music_. The Quake "soundtrack" was just a bunch of ambiant noises. However, if he was allowed to make a soundtrack with a bunch of songs like Starfuckers Inc. and Pilgrimage, it would fit Doom.

Sethsez said:

I disagree. With the Quake series, there has been literally nothing tieing the games to one another. The only similarities they have is their names. I don't want that to happen with DOOM. I want a DOOM game, not a game named DOOM 3. There is a difference.

Dead on my friend. This is a very important point and needs to be taken seriously.

stphrz said:

Yes, it must be a Doom game. There's room for innovation and originality in there, but it must be true to what is Doom.

Btw, I don't want Trent Reznor anywhere near the new Doom game. The soundtrack for Quake was absolute rubbish compared to Doom's.

I agree. Bobby Prince really should do the music for the new DOOM - If he doesnt' - whoever does needs to really understand the necessity of complementing the atmosphere of the game with the music. Bobby Prince did an _AMAZING_ job at this with the original DOOM - and even with DOOM 2 - despite this being a more challenging task than the original - seeing as the atmosphere of DOOM 2 wasn't as distinct and easy to tailor to as DOOM.

BA Barrackas said:

I'm sorry, but my mind is full of images of shooting lumps off the brain of the SpiderDemon with a railgun. :)

Hehe, until you said that, I was thinking noway can we have a railgun - but a railgun would be beautiful on the spiderdemon! Good point and good imagery.

Sethsez said:

No, just Quake. :P Also, I do think that he could make a good soundtrack, if he was allowed to make _music_. The Quake "soundtrack" was just a bunch of ambiant noises. However, if he was allowed to make a soundtrack with a bunch of songs like Starfuckers Inc. and Pilgrimage, it would fit Doom.

I really don't believe Trent's music would fit into DooM very well. Star Fuckers? WTF dude, imagine being in e1m1 listening to something like that. bleck...

We need music that fits each levels uniqueness. That is, if the levels are unique, unlike certain games I know.

ahh lets decide on the music later when we actually see some screenshots:P

Guest satan 767
BA Barrackas said:

well...blasting shit off the spiderdemon's head would be fun..in fact ...i think i could probably spend the rest of my fucking life shooting that stupid motherfucker. i definately think that any form of the spiderdemon should be taken out...the spiderdemon sucked and so did the arachnotrons or whatever the fuck they were...as long as the new doom has bad ass enemies that dont just stand there when you fire, i know ill love it