Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest danok

killer wheapons ideas

Guest danok

how about an liquid oxegen grenade that would blow an enemy halfway apart, freez him in place, then either watch him melt as body parts supported by threads of fleash fall to the floor, or kick and shatter him, another idea i had was a scareb grenade that would unleash a swarm of the hungry fleash eating insects on your enemy that would gradualy reduce him to a pile of blood stained bones, both of these would have to be used with some sort of grenade launcher, but the're cool.

Guest Sethsez

I like the scarab idea, but how about the possibility that they attack you also, soft of like the rocket launcher can hurt yourself also? Since this sounds like an extremely powerful weapon, that would keep people from using it _too_ much. Also, like I mentioned earlier, how about the hand of an Arch-Vile as a weapon? It could be a sort of demonic flamethrower. Also, you could resurrect demons you've killed, and have them attack you opponents! However, this would take a LOT of power, and once all other demon around it are dead, the ressurected demon would attack you. This would be how it could be balanced. What do you think?

Guest c-d-w

I think both of you have been playing too much Blood2 or Requiem: Avenging Angel.. : )

Sethsez said:

I like the scarab idea, but how about the possibility that they attack you also, soft of like the rocket launcher can hurt yourself also? Since this sounds like an extremely powerful weapon, that would keep people from using it _too_ much. Also, like I mentioned earlier, how about the hand of an Arch-Vile as a weapon? It could be a sort of demonic flamethrower. Also, you could resurrect demons you've killed, and have them attack you opponents! However, this would take a LOT of power, and once all other demon around it are dead, the ressurected demon would attack you. This would be how it could be balanced. What do you think?

What do I have to say? Waaaaaaayyyyyy to complex. The freeing grenades are too Duke Nukem ish. The bug bombs I don't like. These are supposed to be marines right? About the arch vile's hand...If you think about it, the arch vile's attack is a lot like the bfg, make it almost useless to make. And for resurrecting monsters, its just way too complex.

I got a good idea, why don't we bring the Half-Life snarks into Doom? SNARKS RULE!!!

Guest Tw199y

None of those weapons have a Doom feel to them... ever weapon except maybe the Plasma gun and the BFG had some form of realism to them...

So here are my thoughts on some killer weapons that would work with Doom 3...

Maybe a Gatling Gun... in words a faster chaingun that would be so cool... but with this type of weapon it would be so powerful so to even it out a good idea would be to make it harder to hit your targets by adding some kick back to the firing of the weapon.

If you want grenades what about normal grenades or some form of plasma grenade that pulsates a ball of plasma in a small blast radias for a short period of time...

Thats all I got for the moment but I love coming up with cool weapons for games so there will be more...

Guest Sethsez
c-d-w said:

I think both of you have been playing too much Blood2 or Requiem: Avenging Angel.. : )

Actually, I've been playing too much Shadow Warrior :). Now that I thnk of it, my idea for an Arch-Vile weapon is kinda bad, although, I still think something could be done with it... however, I have a new idea: sticky bombs (yeah, okay, so it is also SW inspired...get over it!). Throw one ata demon, and two seconds later, it blows up! Sort of like a grenade launcher, but moer reliable (since it doesn't bounce), and bloodier.

Guest c-d-w

that's cool, it's just that most of the "wacky" ideas that have been tossed around in this forum (bug grenade, dissolving corpses, ressurecting enemies, possessing enemies, etc) are all exactly like weapons in Requiem... I kinda hope id does some more original ideas.. anyway, if you haven't already, go rent Requiem, its a good hour or two of FPS entertainment.