Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sethsez

Doom3 Monsters?

Guest Sethsez

What do you think would be good monsters for Doom3? Personally, I want every Doom2 monster except for the Revanant, who I just thought was cheesy, and a totally useless addition to the game. I wish he could be replaced with (here come the flames...) the fiend from Quake. Let me explain myself. He was fast, cool-looking (I liked his looks better than thos pink bulldog demons from Doom), deadly, and quite frightening the first time you saw him.

Guest Blain Newport

I don't think we're going to see _any_ of monsters we're used to in an unaltered form (except maybe the CyberDemon). While the artists who will be drawing the initial concept sketches are the same (I think), we don't even _know_ who'll be modelling them yet.

I think the DOOM monsters are great. But I'm looking forward to newer, sleeker, and more vicious creations that will keep me awake at night and force me to learn new skills to stay alive. Stauf7 posted to an earlier thread that he wanted to see a Baron's head whip around and the beast come charging at him. The idea of being able to see the _intent_ in the Baron's movements was exciting to me. The look, sound, and behavior of these monsters will all be significantly upgraded. It would almost justify a sequel if that kind of window dressing was all they did. _I'd_ definitely need to get my hands on that game. Plays like DOOM, looks like Q4... Mmmmmm. :)

I was thinking of giant ants. They could fire lasers from their eyes and bite with their shiny pincer jaws. Maybe with paralyzing saliva. They should also give them cricket legs, to jump with. And they could burrow and dig, bursting from the earth or through a wall. Maybe there should be different varieties, of different sizes and colors (red, black, smooth, etc). Some would be tougher, some faster, some smarter, and so on. What do you think? Good?

Well, if Doom3 follows the same story / is set in the same locations as the original games, they'd have to recreate the monsters. The new "old" monsters should have better AI, cool looking models and maybe remixed sounds, without looking like another monster alltogether.

Guest Eugene

Right on, I would want all of the monsters from Doom2 plus some new ones. The legacy and the army has to keep growing!!!!!!!!
How about some ultra-hitech cyber monsters?

Guest H3LL5P4WN

I think that Doom3 could use a little of both:

1. Different 'kinds' of monsters:

a. Cannon Fodder... its gotta have former humans, ya know?

b. Normal, really anoying monsters... Like the Sargeants...

c. Evil... you know, the straight bad asses we all remember... remember the first time you nearly creamed you pants when you were being eaten by a Spectre?

2. A variety of 'types' of monsters:

Yes, techno-horrors are good, but nothing freaks me out more than zombified undead mindless corpses... think of the possibilites... Carmack will (hopefully) up the engines ante again, alowing the artists to render even more evil looking creatures...

Doing robots in polys is fairly easy and yeilds pretty good results... so we oughta see some really nasty looking technospawn...

Personally, i cant wait to take a chainsaw to one of my former platoon's neck...

Which brings up another issue... gore...

If there could be a happy median struck between Soldier of Fortune, King Pin, and Quake 3, i think wed all be in heaven...

Guest mac10suxass
Myk said:

I was thinking of giant ants. They could fire lasers from their eyes and bite with their shiny pincer jaws. Maybe with paralyzing saliva. They should also give them cricket legs, to jump with. And they could burrow and dig, bursting from the earth or through a wall. Maybe there should be different varieties, of different sizes and colors (red, black, smooth, etc). Some would be tougher, some faster, some smarter, and so on. What do you think? Good?

no offence but if u ask anybody else giant ants just dont conjur up scary thoughts of hell they just make me think of them cheesy b movies from yesteryear but i think maybe a super fast fiend from quake1 might do the trick with better ai ands maybe he cud jump too.