Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Request top-5 lists for homepage

I'm working on a Doom3 homepage at www.geocities.com/lordflathead . I was making a list of things from the original games that absolutely have to be in Doom3 - but maybe that's for you to decide. If some of you would mail me top-5 (or top-100, whatever) lists of your favourite weapons/monsters/whatever to reappear in Doom3, that would be of great help.

Since im a lazy wee shite i'll just post my top-10 here.

1. - The Pink Demon - The amount of times i jumped out of my seat cos of them.

2. - The Plasme Rifle - NEVER let me get one of those in a DM :)

3. - John Romero - I know, i know but as other ppl have said its cos of him most of us were all hooked.

4. - Music - I dont mean some ambient shit or any techno shit i want METAL!!! and some of the cool eerie stuff.

5. - Hell - I want to fight hell not some stupid alien race from Kelungi (or whatever) i want Altars to satan, i want satanic churches. I want to be able to kill Count Grishnak (cos he's a nob ok) or at least FINALLY come up to Satan himself (not some sack on the wall).

6. - Doomguy - I want to be the Doomguy, I want his personality to me mine not some wise ass dork.

7. - The Episode system - I prefered the episode system to the 32 level system also i want to start each episode with a pistol cos its fun to get your arsenal back.

8. - NO FALLING DAMAGE! - Im sorry but i just hate falling damage bore the hell out of me. But i know its going to be included cos what game HASNT got it in nowadays.

9. - The same atmosphere of Doom - If its not got that then it aint Doom ok.

10. - The Automap - For those hard to reach places.

There ya'll go, my List.

Guest XenAeon

1. BFG dual type kill with charge up.
2. Super speed wall bug.
3. Wide open spaces, and large maps.
4. Items that don't float and spin in air. ie. medpacks should be medpacks, not floating pluses. Rockets should be rocket boxes, not spinning symbols...etc.
5. Fast everything.
5+1. Monsters that don't cheat.
5+2. mapper (though not used much, still nice)

Naberus said:

To be able to kill Count Grishnackh is a must. And, throw out the lousy pink demon and throw in Rigor Mortiis instead! That'll scare the shit out of people!

Guest Sethsez

Although I prefer Doom to Quake, the Demons from Doom are NO match for Quake's Fiends. Now THOSE are some awesome close-combat enemies! Besides, the demons look my my bulldog! That isn't scary, but funny.

Come on the Pinkys are WELL better than the fiends. So the fiends were more scary but they were too hard to kill.

Alright i admit the Pinkys look funny but they're still cool.

Guest Sethsez

I would like to have them both, but since that is obviously not an option, I still wish the fiends could be in it. I dunno, theres just something about fighting the forces of hell, gigantic spider demons, floating balls of death (cacodemon), big fat hellspawn with two fire launchers, and pink bulldogs that stand upright just seems very, very wrong.

Uh, guys, I'd appreciate it if you keep the monster discussions out of this forum - just lists, thanks. Keep 'em coming, the site should be up soon.