Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epiphany

Doom III, Doom 2000, whats it going to be?

Guest Epiphany

Doom III, Doom 2000, whats it going to be called anyway?

Has any news been made official yet about what id plan to call their Doom sequel. If it is truly a sequel then why are so many people suggesting a rehashed storyline of the first game? Shouldn't it be the next episode in the saga?
Anyhow, being totally opposed to the idea of it i've came up with a list of alternative names which id could use reflect how it is likely to turn out.

Doom - 'The Ruining'
Doom - 'The pathetic sequel'
Doom III - 'Fun at 5 frames per second'
Doom III - Hell for fans
Doom III - Crap on earth
Doom III - For those little kiddies who think the original is 'shit'
Doom III Arena
Doom Millenium Edition
Doom 2000 'Money hungry Carmack figures one Ferrari isn't enough'
Doom 2000 - By id Shitware
Doom 2000 - 'Doomed from the beginning'
Doom 64 II
Gloom - Waist Deep in Crap
The real Final Doom
Unreal Doom
Screwed Doom, Ruined Doom

Etc, etc. Perhaps someone can come up with some ones which are actually funny...
I never saw the humour in killing Romero at the end of Doom II. I hope Carmack puts himself in the new Doom game - i'll enjoy sticking a few rockets down his throat.
In the face of this disaster all we can do now is joke.

'Oh my god! They killed Doom! You bastards!'
Epiphany

Guest Sethsez

It isn't even out yet, and already you are complianing about how bad it is? Come on, at LEAST listen to some ideas that id is kicking around before you dump on it!

Guest mac10suxass

look epibitch setsez is rigth it not even out SO SHUT UR BITCH MOUTH U DICK LACKING ASS!!!!!!MAC10 SUXASS!!

Sethsez said:

It isn't even out yet, and already you are complianing about how bad it is? Come on, at LEAST listen to some ideas that id is kicking around before you dump on it!

Hmmm. Seth, it looks like you have a stalker :)

Guest Epiphany
mac10suxass said:

look epibitch setsez is rigth it not even out SO SHUT UR BITCH MOUTH U DICK LACKING ASS!!!!!!MAC10 SUXASS!!

Are you really a Doom fan?
I've lost an old friend and it hurts. Something you probably wouldn't understand. Go back to playing Q3A.

'Oh my god! They killed Doom! You Bastards!'
Epiphany

Guest Sethsez
Stphrz said:

Hmmm. Seth, it looks like you have a stalker :)

Oh, goody. He has some good ideas though. If only he could learn to use ALL of the keys on the keyboard, then being stalked woundn't be so bad. Hey, I'm so bored right now, I'll go for just about anything.

Guest Sethsez
Epiphany said:

I've lost an old friend and it hurts. Something you probably wouldn't understand. Go back to playing Q3A.

Epiphany

You havn't lost anything. For God's sake, it's still there. I have been with Doom since the beginning, and I think that, if they screw up the sequel, people will just return to doing original Doom-related projects. Try to look at this optimisticly. You have nothing to lose if id screws up, and something to gain if they don't.

Guest Zephyr

I agree whole-heartedly.

The only possible loser in this situation is ID Software. However, I highly doubt that Doom 3 will be UNsuccessful. There are plenty of Doom freaks out there who are drooling for a new Doom game, myself being one of them. Even if Doom 3 happens to fail, like Sethsez said, we'll all go back to the orginals. I'd still play Doom and Doom 2 even if I already had Doom 3!

Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong.

Guest Cold0ne
Sethsez said:

Oh, goody. He has some good ideas though. If only he could learn to use ALL of the keys on the keyboard, then being stalked woundn't be so bad. Hey, I'm so bored right now, I'll go for just about anything.

This is to the first message posted:

Well well well,

Looks like we have another doubter of something that doesnt exist yet! How many times can I say it? id isnt dumb, and they know exactly what they have to do to make it live up to people like you who thing the original is unbeatable in any way.

And they will do it.

Guest mac10suxass
Epiphany said:

Epiphany

epiphany y u complaing huh?give me a reason to think its bad before it aint even out.GEEZZ!!