• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Doom3 Already Here?

Check this out:

http://croteam.x-interactive.com/

This game has gotten rave reviews from those I have checked. Many poeple are comparing this to Doom. The game looks really good and the screen shots do remind me of Doom. Its a new 3D engine however, and it looks to be fairly advanced. There is a demo too, but its a huge 47 megs.

Guest bent

yeah!! serious sam rules, i downloaded the demo yesterday, the 3d engine is really sweet, although all is bright and shiny (you know, the weather, no dark areas) it is really a lot of fun.
the enemies are really funny. only weak point is really that the character your playing don't have a personality, other than that i have one thing to say.

DOWNLOAD!

Hey Rick. Thanks for tip on this. I hadn't heard of this game till now! The screenshots look awesome. Unfortunately I don't have a computer powerful enough to play the demo :( I was kinda thinking that the developement team could be an another id in the making. You know, young, hungry upstarts with loads of raw talent and everything to prove. It should be intresting to see what becomes of this.

Guest Kracov

The game seems cool, based on the screenshots. but this doesnt look anything like DOOM. what have you been smoking man? You might as well compare all the 3d FPS games to DOOM or "DOOM3". The game, Serious Sam.. looks goofy and somewhat like Duke Nukem. the weapons are huge and the monsters are power ranger rejects. but if you want to have fun.. this is a game to play. but man, dont compare it to doom or "doom3". but thanks anyways.

He's trying to imply that the gameplay seems like it would be similar to Doom's based off the released screenshots. That does look like one sweet looking game, although the monsters are goofy, but man, imagine editing yourself with that thing:)

Holy hell this thing is amazing, such a sweet engine. Their mapmakers and skinners appear to be fairly amateur though. I can hardly wait to start editing this one...

Kracov said:

The game seems cool, based on the screenshots. but this doesnt look anything like DOOM. what have you been smoking man?

Actually, the reviewers are comparing this to Doom. I assume because of the weapons and such; I know it remided me of Doom and Duke. Did you see the shotgun pic? Looked like the shotgun from Doom. However, the Duke comparison may be more accurate. I haven't actually played the demo since I am on a modem and 47 megs is a bit much.

Guest JudgeDooM

Are you talking about a Doom III Demo? If it's the case, where can I download it? Or, where can I find screenshots of it?

Guest mac10suxass

judge u a numbuts the new doom is at least a year away or somthin.

Guest Nerull
mac10suxass said:

judge u a numbuts the new doom is at least a year away or somthin.

What a firm grasp on the english language. lol! You, my friend, are in no position to judge someone elses intelligence.