Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShadowcasT

Hey waiting for doom3?

Guest ShadowcasT

Check out this game,it has an amazing engine and it is the perfect replica of doom.I know you think i'm crazy but even in the beta test that you can try the game grahpics is better than Quake3arena.Also it has the SUPER shootgun of Doom2.

HARRY UP :

http://www.croteam.com/index.html

Guest Kracov

so? it has the super shotgun of doom?????/ big fraggin deal, man!!!!!! you dont have to compare it to doom. its just a replication of duke nukem, since it is done in a bright day and the monsters are power ranger rejects. dont compare this game to doom, no matter how fun it is. im sure its fun, and it has "the super shotgun of doom". and giant guns... whatever. i tried to download the game, but there was so many problems unzipping it or installing it.

It's not Doom, obviously, but it has the same fun factor of Doom, with big open areas and lots of monsters trying to kill you. I eagerly await the day when these guys find a publisher and I can go pick up a copy of Serious Sam.

Guest ShadowcasT
Kracov said:

so? it has the super shotgun of doom?????/ big fraggin deal, man!!!!!! you dont have to compare it to doom. its just a replication of duke nukem, since it is done in a bright day and the monsters are power ranger rejects. dont compare this game to doom, no matter how fun it is. im sure its fun, and it has "the super shotgun of doom". and giant guns... whatever. i tried to download the game, but there was so many problems unzipping it or installing it.

Of course it's not doom (nobody can beat doom :) ),but it's similar, something to play with for brake the waiting.Hope they relase soon a beta test 2,so you can try it.

Guest Grunt

I just downloaded it and installed it. i tryed it out but when the monsters com at ya it kinda lags looks like time for me to overclock my 466.

My Computer:
Intel Celeron
466 Mhz <---(Can Over clock to 500 Mhz but i did not over clock it yet)
128 mbs ram
12.1 gig
Voodoo3 3000
Windows 98 SE

Dam i need to upgrade :(

Guest ShadowcasT

They said that this test go slow on vodoo3 boards (they said they will relase a patch soon; cool a patch for a beta test).
Also you must understand that those guys worked for freee 10 hours a day for 4 years under a war condition.They deserve some attention.

Kracov said:

The right way to compare serious sam with doom is simply that the Engine can pull off the same kind of stuff (large open areas, tons of monsters), the somewhat missing plot, and the big gunz to put a horde of the suckers down for good , and all this done in an engine that competes with todays games.

Anyhoo, it's nothing NEAR the feel of Doom.

Linguica said:

It's not Doom, obviously, but it has the same fun factor of Doom, with big open areas and lots of monsters trying to kill you. I eagerly await the day when these guys find a publisher and I can go pick up a copy of Serious Sam.

Hah, i bet they have a ton of contract offers coming in these daze man =) I mean, with the test generating so much attention and stuff.