Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adasciti

Doom 3 music

Guest Adasciti

This is my opinion but DOOM3 should have music done by NIN. No other group I've heard can make you feel like your in the same atmospher. NIN ROCKS!!!!!!

I hope you agree with me when you post a reply.

NIN4LIFE

Adasciti

Guest Grunt

The people that made the Quake 2 music should do the Doom 3 music

Right i know i constantly say this but i dont think we need some pussy assed techno we need some pure heavy metal it NEEDS to be far beyond driven it WILL be Doom's Vulgar Display of Power we want to Re-Invent the steel (again) with music for games. We need Pantera ladies and Gentlemen.

Uh.....sorry for the sad intro thingy. :)

Failing that lets just get Bobby Prince.

Oh, god no, no no no no no NO NO NO!!!! You can't get a bigger moron, maybe besides Marilyn Manson. It's a hard call since we have no idea what kind of atmosphere the game is going to be portraying, but I'd say first off, Danzig could make some great videogame music. Followed by Moonspell, Sentenced, newer Samael or maybe even Theatre of Tragedy, they seem to have a vast array of good equipment they could put to proper use. I guess In Flames could give it a shot too.

Guest ragjunkie

it sould be done by NiN but also marylin manson cradle of filth e.t.c the last levels music should be my way by sid vicious!!!!!!

Guest Judas

It is kinda important there are no vocals...Atmosphere is 100%

Doom 1 + 2 had the right idea... with a decent midi card it was absoutly BAD! Digital sound and music is a bit of a fuckup if u ask me...

Manson - Right. what are you thinking?

Guest finnw

Who did the music for the PSX doom? They should do it I reckon. That must be one of the best game soundtracks ever. Or was that NIN too?

Guest themeatyone

Hmmm. I agree that Trent Reznor should Create a record for the new doom game. He should be getting off of his tour (which i saw first hand) It ruled, if you have a chance to see them, DO IT! I hope our posts get read by the powers above (cough id) and taken to heart. Who remembers the first quake game? Duh, like that was a good question. the sound made it more intense..

Guest narayan

Well, about NIN and the Doom 3 connection....
I went to www.nin.com a few weeks ago, and they have a picture there that they update usually every day....well, I saw a pic of Reznor AND Carmack! Could this be a collaboration? I hope so!

NIN would be perfect for Doom 3

Lüt said:

Oh, god no, no no no no no NO NO NO!!!! You can't get a bigger moron, maybe besides Marilyn Manson. It's a hard call since we have no idea what kind of atmosphere the game is going to be portraying, but I'd say first off, Danzig could make some great videogame music. Followed by Moonspell, Sentenced, newer Samael or maybe even Theatre of Tragedy, they seem to have a vast array of good equipment they could put to proper use. I guess In Flames could give it a shot too.

No. No black metal bands, no industrial bands, no pop bands, none of that stuff. The new Doom game needs a timeless, memorable soundtrack. If a contemorary style is used, it will sound dated in a couple of years. It needs the kind of music that will bring back memories and emotions you felt when you were playing the game.

Guest Cheech
Naberus said:

Right i know i constantly say this but i dont think we need some pussy assed techno we need some pure heavy metal it NEEDS to be far beyond driven it WILL be Doom's Vulgar Display of Power we want to Re-Invent the steel (again) with music for games. We need Pantera ladies and Gentlemen.

Uh.....sorry for the sad intro thingy. :)

Failing that lets just get Bobby Prince.

Heavy. Loud. Theme to Quake 2 is an all right example. Come on, this is DOOM we're talking about, the original bad-ass FPS. Notice the avoidance of Wolfenstein - not a lot of heart-pounding tracks in the midi/digital junk. But DOOM 1, come on, I get all nostalgic and excited when I think of the E1M1 song.

And there's a good idea - since id does do that thing with nostalgia (Dopefish in Quake, Keen in DOOM2), they gotta have some recognizeable music. And it should fade to different music once you leave, say, a base and go into a forest (in the same level). And when our old friend the Cyberdemon comes 'round the corner, and you piss your pants...different music.

Guest Adasciti
themeatyone said:

Hmmm. I agree that Trent Reznor should Create a record for the new doom game. He should be getting off of his tour (which i saw first hand) It ruled, if you have a chance to see them, DO IT! I hope our posts get read by the powers above (cough id) and taken to heart. Who remembers the first quake game? Duh, like that was a good question. the sound made it more intense..

NIN rule but they didn't even come close to winnipeg.:(