Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ArcticFox

My Weird-Ass Ideas

Guest ArcticFox

Weird Idea Number 1: Don't list the types of enemies at all in the manual or README! I played the game in the store, so I never got to read the manual there--and I still remember my first encounter with "a giant floating head that shoots lightning at me!" Don't give away the names of the enemies until the end of the game, except (of course) in the level editor.

Weird Idea Number 2: I don't like allies, but maybe living enemies? Human disciples of Satan? That would be pretty good.

Weird Idea Number 3: The music should be neither metal, nor done by a band. I think the ideal music is either quiet & spooky (Sinister, Sign of Evil, They're Going To Get You) or epic (can't find any in the original games--try MAP04 of Requiem).

Weird Idea Number 4: Keep the demon, but don't make him pink! Make him plaid instead! (No--try brown.)

OK, that's all I have for now.

Guest Sethsez

Those are not weird ideas. They are some of the best I have yet heard, in fact. The only one I disagree with is the Demon. It looks like (at least to me) it was recently skinned. I think they should keep that look, you know, sinew-pink, not Valentine-pink.

Guest Nerull

You want weird? How about Pink Floyd for the music? The beginning of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" has a good spooky feel to it, as well as some of the other stuff they did in "The Wall" and "Dark Side Of The Moon". 'Floyd can do some haunting instrumentals...Alan Parsons Project can too. But, I guess they are too old and not "in" enough anymore. :)

I like it. You gives a flying fuck if they arent in enough for the kiddies who says Id need to shape the new game around whats in these days. Here's an example of in these days, Britney Spears, Christina agagagoogoo (or something), KoRn, Limp Bizkit and many more utterly bollocks pop acts. Try playing DooM™ with Dark Side of The Moon on, its bloody freaky.

Guest Sethsez

KoRn is okay for background music, but I agree, people need to wake up and start listening to real music again. Pink Floyd, how I admire thee!

Sethsez said:

Those are not weird ideas. They are some of the best I have yet heard, in fact. The only one I disagree with is the Demon. It looks like (at least to me) it was recently skinned. I think they should keep that look, you know, sinew-pink, not Valentine-pink.

I'd love to see it with little bloody chunks hanging off here and there. Can't wait to see what Kenneth Scott does with it!

BTW, how many of you didn't love the music from Phobos Anomoly(E1M8) and House of Pain(E3M4 I think)? That's the kind we need! Something that scares the be-jesus out of you!!

Sethsez said:

KoRn is okay for background music, but I agree, people need to wake up and start listening to real music again. Pink Floyd, how I admire thee!

Bah!!
That´s for kids and grandmas!

Listen to Bathory´s "Bathory" and "The Return Of The Darkness And Evil", Piledriver "Metal Inquisition", Demon "The Unexpected Guest" or Running Wild "Gates to Purgatory", then start play Doom and you be IN HELL (And Burn in HELL).

Fits perfectly.

Hell thanks a bloody good idea aswell. Also what about some Mortician or Beherit, Sacrofago?

I'm glad to see there are other people with a killer taste in music in the DooM™ community.

Sethsez said:

No, Korn isn't ok for BGM. The sound of the band being brutally beaten would be music to my ears though.

"There's someone in my head and it's not me."

That reminds me. There's this old MSTDoom sound wad that has someone saying "The Lunatic is on the grass" for either the demon sight or active sound. E1M9, The Military base, was cool with it.

Charon said:

I'd love to see it with little bloody chunks hanging off here and there. Can't wait to see what Kenneth Scott does with it!

BTW, how many of you didn't love the music from Phobos Anomoly(E1M8) and House of Pain(E3M4 I think)? That's the kind we need! Something that scares the be-jesus out of you!!

I agree. I always loved that music - thought it was the best DOOM music out of them all. House of pain is a great level, half because of the music. I also really liked e1m7 and e1m5. I really think Bobby Prince is the only man for the job.

Guest IdMarine

I cared for the Limbo music rather well and the level 27 music of DOOM2.

Hellbent said:

I agree. I always loved that music - thought it was the best DOOM music out of them all. House of pain is a great level, half because of the music. I also really liked e1m7 and e1m5. I really think Bobby Prince is the only man for the job.

use the music from d00m64 it scary enuf

Naberus said:

I like it. You gives a flying fuck if they arent in enough for the kiddies who says Id need to shape the new game around whats in these days. Here's an example of in these days, Britney Spears, Christina agagagoogoo (or something), KoRn, Limp Bizkit and many more utterly bollocks pop acts. Try playing DooM™ with Dark Side of The Moon on, its bloody freaky.

naberus i know that no korn in doom but r u an idiot or somthin korn and limp bizkit r not pop bands limp is rock-rap and korn is grunge-rock,IF I FUCKIN hear BRITINEY'THE SLUT-BITCH'SPEARS
IN DOOM I GONNA FUCKIN SMASH MY COMPUTER AN BLOW THE SHIT OUTTA BRITENEYS BUS I FUCKIN HAD ENUF O THAT DAMN WHORE!!!!!!