Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JersyDvl

My idea.

Guest JersyDvl

Ive seen alot of people arguing about doom 3 enemies, and i gat a realy great idea. What if the enemies did not have the same amount of hit points. for example, you have 2 imps, one goes down in 3 shots, the other takes 5. You'd never know how much ammo you would need to get through the level.

Guest Nerull

That is an interesting idea. I know that for me, there was some security in the fact that the Demon took "X" amount of shotgun hits before falling (3 or 4, depending on my accuracy), so if I had no idea, I would most likely be more afraid. Especially if you allowed the occasional "mutant" that refuses to die. I like it, man.

Guest Zephyr

Yeah, that would really keep you on your toes.

Either that, or the enemies could have locational damage, where head shots deal the most damage and body shots are mostly absorbed. Limbs could get blown off, too...not so much in the style of Soldier of Fortune, but more like in Die By the Sword.

That would be way cool. Maybe there could be different sizes of monsters. Like an adult imp that is stronger, faster, and smarter than a younger one.

Guest Adasciti

I like your ideas of diversity between monsters. It's kinda like SoF. There is many new ideas they could add to the demons and Imps. For instince u might walk on some demons eating rotting carcase like in half-life. You may find zombie appearance different depending on who has been assimilated (marine, civilian, women, man, child, dog, etc..). They could include those zombies from quake that u have to gib in order to kill them or else they come back alive (altough I think there should be more time between zombie revivial). Oh as in the original doom where this has never been repeated in any other game I can't remember is that if a zombie shots a zombie then they start scrappin (this is hell remember there is no sides it's mere chaos).

Anyway some these are just some of my ideas that u may not find interesting.

Guest PUNISHER
Nerull said:

That is an interesting idea. I know that for me, there was some security in the fact that the Demon took "X" amount of shotgun hits before falling (3 or 4, depending on my accuracy), so if I had no idea, I would most likely be more afraid. Especially if you allowed the occasional "mutant" that refuses to die. I like it, man.

and the demons should die of blood loss if severly wounded,and if you blow thier leg(s) clean off they'll crawl on the ground and use thier last ounce of strength to try to take you down and if they lose an arm, if they were holding a gun,they'd try to pick up thier gun with the remaining hand.I also think thier should be drivable vehicles and zombies can drive them as well as you i.e. a car found in an abandon city,a hummer found outside an infested military building etc.and if any enemy is set on fire,they should run towards you and try to lite you up too and after they fall to the ground they still try to kill you if you go near them but if you stay away you can watch them sqirm in agony.And I believe the zombies should fight eachother if they get hit by another like someone before me said.I think that the stages of enemies is a good idea:young imps,mature imps,stages of zombies mutations,and all that and i also think that there should be new types of zombies as well like a mutated cop,scientist,paramedic or whatever and there should also be friendlies like fellow marines and so on. just my $0.02