Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Basic Required Elements...

IMO, the only things needed to make DOOM 3 a truly great game is this...

---
Original weapons... Your basic DOOM arsenal; the most balanced bunch of weapons ever made...

New weapons... Grenades, tripmines, proximity mines, sniper rifles.. Think of Goldeneye 007 //= ... It had what, 33 weapons in the game? Something like that.. You can't have too many weapons!

---
Original monsters... You just gotta have your imps, demons, lost souls, cacodemons, barons, zombiemen, et cetera.. They ARE what DOOM is...

New monsters... You don't really need to go overboard here.. A couple new regular monsters would be nice, but a few new BOSSES would be great! Just keep things in proportion.. By that, I mean the bigger the monster, the more dangerous, and the tougher it is to kill.. Those tough little guys give me headaches.. Jeez, keep them in proportion!!

---
Good music... Nothing heavy metal, nothing ambient, no vocals, just an enjoyable melodic soundtrack that puts you in the game.. Much like Fanatic's music, only less gothic..

---
Balance in levels... There's no need to make everything dark, gloomy, scary, or red firey heckish.. If it's going to be a sequel, then the sky is the limit! That gives me an idea! Riding on a ship through the clouds sounds like a refreshing change! Just like Mario 3 from NES.. Have your ice lands, desert, ocean, sky land, come on! Give it to me! I'm ready for an adventure! It will be successful no matter what, but I still want a wide variety of apmospheres.. That's just me, though.. :-b

Guest Kracov
AndrewB said:

Balance in levels... There's no need to make everything dark, gloomy, scary, or red firey heckish.. If it's going to be a sequel, then the sky is the limit! That gives me an idea! Riding on a ship thr

what the hell are you thinking???? DOOM must be hellish, dark, and scary!!! thats the atmosphere that everyone wants and likes!!! go play mario or something, wussy.

Give me a break.. You're just thinking of Inferno. Just look at most of Doom 2! It's quite different from Ultimate DOOM! Absolutely, we need our dark scary apmospheres, but it has to be more than that.. Oh, never mind, you're so stuck up with that idea... :-b

Hey, I liked the atmosphere of Episodes I and II with their military base themes, although II was starting to get hellish, those kinds of levels are cool too. We can't just focus on one little part of DOOM, I never even much liked episode III.

I don't mean to say at all that DOOM 3 requires the type of apmosphere that Mario 3 had.. Not at all.. In fact, there's probably no way on Earth that Doom 3 will turn out to be like that. I'm just saying if there did decide to make some new apmosphere and make it look like Mario 3, or even Resident Evil, or Final Fantasy, or whatever!! That wouldn't be such a bad thing.. Well, Doom 3 will most likely turn out the way it will turn out, no matter what we say here.. Let's just relax, and wait for the game, or something like that... :-b

Guest PUNISHER
AndrewB said:

Give me a break.. You're just thinking of Inferno. Just look at most of Doom 2! It's quite different from Ultimate DOOM! Absolutely, we need our dark scary apmospheres, but it has to be more than that.. Oh, never mind, you're so stuck up with that idea... :-b

There should be atmospheres like cities that have gone through an apocolypse,or an infested military base,evil temples,and all that shit,no cloud land or anything,snowy and desert like places might be cool but no clouds please.

I agree with Andrew on the weapons,monsters,and music but I think Kracov is right about the atmosphere--DOOM is supposed to be dark and scary.

Guest Antaran

Yes doom3 must be hellish, dark like doom2 was, with many pentagrams and candles,satanic symbols, etc. If not I would rather play Quake2, which is coloful, bright and just funny.

And Big freakin Gun should be like in Q3Arena :)

Guest Toady
AndrewB said:

I think a new Doom game should start out in a fairly normal everyday (in the doom world) setting and become darker, weirder and scarier as the game progresses. This would help the truly hellish worlds seem even more grim, as you can contrast it to the relative lightness of the story's beginning.