Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IdMarine

DOOM3 should have a boss like this one...

Guest IdMarine

I don't know if any one of you guys ever played the TG16 (Turbo Grafx 16), but I remember one game in particular for it that was really fun to play. It was also scary in a 'B movie' type of way. The name of the good old game was Splatter House. I remember one of the parts in the game in level 4 was your character walking through a hall of mirrors (why was there a hall of mirrors in a mansion, who knows?) and in any one of those mirrors at a random time, an evil duplicate of your character would break the glass through and attempt to rip out your neck with a vengence. It had tense music and could be rather frightening if you were a small child or simply did not expect it. Anyway, I feel that DOOM3 should have a boss similar to that...here's how I envision it:

In an FMV, the DOOM marine is entering a room where it appears a bunch of his buddies made their last stand. Their bodies are grotesquely disfigured and ravaged from the demon attack. Around them of course, is the bullet ridden corpses of their fallen foes, equally fubar-ed. Your character is walking gingerly into and through this room and a strange noise coming from the back of the room grabs his attention for a moment, but he seems to disregard it, thinking it to be nerves. One marine body in particular catches his eye, one that is even more hideous than the rest of the dead. As he steps closer, he notices that the intestines are seeping out a bit and his head is partially dismembered. His skin is scorched from fire and it is loose, falling off and his flesh showing. From the back of the room, a shadow seems to be creeping closer, but it is very subtle, wraith-like shadow. It approaches the body and enters it, seeping into it's split skull. The body of the marine is convulsing violently for a bit and then it staggers to its feet, clutching a gun. This abomination is looking rather hideous and attacks you with fervor, using its gun and any physical attack possible, ripping a pipe off of the wall and beating you with it, should he lose his gun. If you hit him enough, his already ravaged body splits at the seams, so to speak, and the skin is torn and shredded, splitting all over, his flesh and bones constructing a new hideous figure seeking vengeance...

Guest Sethsez

I loved Splatter House. That boss would be great, but with a couple of possible variation. First, in the Hall of Mirrors you see your refelctions, which turn into demons. Then, one of them walks through the mirror to attack you. All real-time, of course. Another variation was found in Zelda for N64. There is a room with dozens of paintings on the walls, but they are all the same painting. Then, each painting begins to animate, and you see, say, a Baron of Hell walking out of each one. Then, only one actuall makes it into the room, and immediately attacks. Both versions would be quite eerie and hellish, especially if they happened in the "Shores of Hell" part of the game (you know, where the man-made areas begin to became taken over by the demons, so you're farther than normal areas, but not quite in Hell yet). What do ya think?

Guest IdMarine

Sounds good, sounds good. Hm. Don't forget the good 'ol demon rising from the flames of hell...or maybe something crawling from a pit of screaming, dying souls...kind of like Requiem. Scary stuff like that. :) I'd also appreciate some sort of beast made from the flesh of the dead. A patchwork of bodies or something. Oh, by the way, they're making Splatter House for the Dreamcast.

Guest BEnT2440

Probably everyone here has seen End of Days. Well, I thought it was a great movie, and I really loved when they finally showed us the Angel of Death's true form. That was one sweet-looking minion of hell. Maybe id could do a final boss based on that demon. The mini-bosses in the game could be Satan's best generals or something. Of course, fighting Satan himself would be stupid, as you would probably die just by looking at him... or so I am told.

Guest PUNISHER

A long the lines of the paintings and all that,you look into the water in a nearby pond or something and suddenly the reflection of your face starts to become distorted and out of the water rises something hellish like a human with flesh hanging off the bone,a missing eye,internal organs strung across his body.Or whatever.

Guest Mr Cacodeomon

well i got a good idea for a boss,a boss theat has been mutated by UAC like an Imp-cacodeomen or a UAC soldier.

BEnT2440 said:

Probably everyone here has seen End of Days. Well, I thought it was a great movie, and I really loved when they finally showed us the Angel of Death's true form. That was one sweet-looking minion of hell. Maybe id could do a final boss based on that demon. The mini-bosses in the game could be Satan's best generals or something. Of course, fighting Satan himself would be stupid, as you would probably die just by looking at him... or so I am told.

That demon in End of Days was Satan himself, not the Angel of Death.

He's right, that is actually Satan dude, the Hell's angel was the form Satan could stay on Earth as while he tried to find his wife before the year 2000. Really, if you actually saw that thing right in front of you, wouldn't YOU die just looking at it? I'd have a freakin' heart attack! And it would make an excellent enemy.

Guest Reptile

I have to say I really do find this idea of a horrible ravaged human body as a boss quite appropriate, and a genuinly scary. However, there is something I can't help but bring up. Soldier of Fortune was a great game, but lets not forget the amount of controversy over it's apparently realstic level of blood and gore. All of the above messages tend to describe a somewhat mangled humanoid in such detail I can't see this game being released without some kind of low-violence mode. Especially in many countries (such as mine) where the move to ban a violent game wouldn't even arouse a second opinion. Although I do love the ideas you have all come up with, I just don't see it happening. Doom 3, if anything, will be an action game with violence no more realistic than that of Quake 3.

Mr Cacodeomon said:

well i got a good idea for a boss,a boss theat has been mutated by UAC like an Imp-cacodeomen or a UAC soldier.

this doesnt have to be a boss but id like to see icon of evil not just a wall painted with demon but like a giant had sticking out with all those wires and stuff in full 3d not paited on a wall but a head in 3d an it speeks that freaky shit an u see its giant mouth move an stuff an when it dies its arms comes out an smash everything in a last ditch effort to kill ur ass.