Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
frwl

Doom Wars Sorce code?

I was wondering if anyone had the Doom Wars sorce code. I tried e-mailing the author, but it looks that the e-mail address on the DoomWorld pages is broken. so, can someone show me where I can get it?

I'm sorry to say this, but the Doom Wars source was never relased, and the author seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth. :(
Why not start from scratch?

Mad_AX666 said:

author seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth. :(
Why not start from scratch?

damn, hate it when that happens. oh well...

well, I would start from scratch, but I am new to doom programing, and I don't quite know how I would make the punching weapon spew forth mosters, lol

maybe if I read all the docs in the zip file, I might find something...

Actually, I believe the doomwars source code was released. However it was never uploaded to cdrom.com (or 3dgamers now) or made publicly available anywhere.

I know I still have a copy of it somewhere. Maybe.

If I find it I'll put it up for download.

ah, that would be awesom!

also, if some more of the advanced doom port authors in here would like to help, I would also like to know how to port it to the latest versions of Legacy so we can get rid of the whole doom3.wads issues and not have to live by typing in the -nocheckwadversion param every time it gets booted up.

...or possibly port it over to Zdoom/Skulltag for botplay?!

well, good luck finding the source for me! I would love it!

yeah! thanx man!

first thing to do, just for fun, remove the cost of monsters, lol

EDIT: *cry*

um, maybe cause I am new to source code editing and stuff, but I edited the file to make it the way I want it for now, and I was wondering, how do I make it into an exe file so I can play the thing? what c compiler should I use for this? any help?