Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wharghol

Monsters, weapons, and ect

Guest Wharghol

Hello, I have recently thought up some things that I would like to share with the general populus of doomers: The most IMPORTANT thing Id must do (besides figuring out how to make an engin which can show many 7+ monsters at one time) is to keep it scary. It is much more horrifing (to me atleast) to see 8 zombies lead by a power full deamon (like one of those barons of hell I beleive they were called) then just 3 super monsters. Also to keep the whole theam of scary monsters is to HAVE scary monsters, I doubt anyone here can respect the power of a man-pig to a lumbering, bloody, beast. While we are on the topic of scary monsters, the 3 zombie classes (pistoleer\rifleman, shotguner, chainguner) should be replaced with the overall zombie hoard, this I mean by having a random zombie (looks only) generator. Say there would be a pool of differnt features, beards, skintone, ect ect. Then every game the zombies would look difernt and wouldnt be boring kiling the same bald looking freak over and over agiain, you would fight ones with beards, mustashes, ect. If anyone has played AvP, aliens versus predetor, the mariens are set up in a similar fasion. Also the zombies should be more diverse in what weapons they use, not just limited to three weapons, they should use pistols, shotguns, rifels, chainguns/miniguns, melee weapons (fists,teeth,knives,). The zombies should act like zombies more, such as losing various body parts when geting shot but still coming at you. ;) Mabey they could work as ateam to a dergree, as in trying to corner you into a dead end or some zombie like tactic. Also the all of the monsters, especialy the strong ones, should show damage/lostbodyparts/plasmaburns on there charector, same in death match/multiplayer. There should also be a slight variation from some of the monsters, mabey some scars or extra spike formation, shades of hide. Each monsters should have its own unique sound it makes, when geting hit/diening/spotted. One thing that I am certin on about the monsters is, they should be demons from hell (or what ever you want to call it) NOT aliens that look like demons from hell. If i want to kill aliens I will play x-com alliance but when I want to kill demons I would like to turn to doom.
Now on to the weapons, I would have to say, make them based on human looking weapons, Id hate to see any biological weapons in the game (arms, legs, heads all lame) keept them human metal looking ones, and it would be nice if the pistol(s) could be based on real ones same with rifels and the chaingun should be a minigun. The plasma gun and the bfg are fine the way they are, cept It would be nice if the 2 had diferent ammo types, one using a plasma cell, the other using bfg/energey cell. Same with the pistol being a 9mm, and minigun (insert calerba here). There should defenily be a rifle of some sort in the game, m16 or m4 carbine would be nice. I think the Rocket launcher should be based on a real life account. Reloads should defenitly be in the game. Akimbo pistols would be nice, a desert egeal and a berreta would be cool. Grenades (handthrown) should be in.
For the maps, Id should base them around military intallations, citys (if the storyline permits), churches, ect. The maps should have various corpses lying about (commrads demons) also those freakey streched faces should have a return.
Have doom 3 be totaly mod freindly, avp died because it didnt have mod support, doom was resurected because it has mod support, see the link? Something like half-life's support would be great. Mods are need becuase no mater how good the story is it will always be the same, people need to experence new things or they will loose interest in the game, there is only so many times you can kill the fuzzel, we need new fuzzels to fight. Id should totaly support moders, give a technical support number/forum so they can help people make great mods which adds to the games longiviety.
These are my thoughts, please excuse any gramical errors, and or spelling errors.

I don't like the idea of real-world weapons. Remember that doom is happening a couple of hundred years from now. It would be cool to have ONE real-world pistol, like the Desert eagle or beretta, as long as it looks REALLY old.

Guest Kracov

hey. nice ideas about the zombies. but i also have a idea. why not have all the other monsters have a different skin tone or different horns? now that would be better. and as for the zombies possessing WEAPONS.. thats stupid. ive never seen a movie nor game besides DOOM with a zombie possessing a ak 47. if youve played quake, those zombies are much cooler and scarier. ID should make more zombies like quake's.

Guest Wharghol

oops

Guest Adasciti

Ummm I like u'r zombie ideas because divesity in appearance is good. LOts of corpses because theres death everywhere.
You may not agree with me on this but Quake3 does have a lot of acceptable textures that could be used in a doom game (not particulary doom3 but they reminded me of doom a little).
A monster that could be used in the monsters from quake1 which are zombie's(u know the ones that won't die and keep coming back to life if u don't paint the walls with their guts).
They could make weapons as realisticly possible but keep in mind were in the future (I expect to see weapons that aren't from but related to aliens. futuristic type weapons that reload and so forth0. Also the ability to use two handguns at once cause that's way too cool to leave out (i stress this). And the possability to fight along side NPC Marines(u may think this is stupid but heres my analagy...all battles aren't fight by one individual, u'r a marine remember, and marines should fight together a small bit in this next game. at least thats what I want to see).
And last of all there should be more technical stuff involved if that's the right word. What I mean is different levels have different settings and there should be a little interaction. For instance using gun turrets, planting traps, damaging structures, using security cameras, blowing up doors with heavy demolitions. What I mean Is tactical stuff in the game.

Guest PUNISHER
DiSTuRBeD said:

I don't like the idea of real-world weapons. Remember that doom is happening a couple of hundred years from now. It would be cool to have ONE real-world pistol, like the Desert eagle or beretta, as long as it looks REALLY old.

I like the idea of having zombies that have weapons and others that don't because remember we're in a war here,there are guns strewn all over the place.Real-world weapons are better because sci-fi stuff is hella-lame,I say there should be more real world weapons than sci-fi-shit-o-rama weapons and besides most o DOOM's weapons are real-world weapons anyway ,the pistol, shotgun, super shotgun,chaingun and rocket launcher all exist in real life.And about weapon placement:I think the weapons should be placed somewhere that makes sense not just scattered around the level without a trace of the person that was using it,there should be a pool of blood or half of the guys body laying near it or something.

Guest Wharghol

I cannot agree with you more, sci-fi weapons are ok but (from my point of view) dont fit well in a horror setting which doom takes part in. Although, heh, there is no such thing as a chaingun in real life, accept for a mounted crank gun that they used in the old days, befor 1900, not sure of its exact name but it was referd to as the (chaingun), there is however a minigun it works as seen in various movies, Terrminator 2 and predertor 1 to name some off the top of my head.

Guest Wharghol
DiSTuRBeD said:

Even though this is based a hundred years in the future the guns should still looks simi realalistic, considering america has been using the same rifel (m16) as its standard arm since 1970, thats 30 years with minimal changes to the gun, and the army has also been using the berreta for long time aswell. I doubt that there will be sever changes in the next century, considering they will sill probably shoot bullets. I could see, however, portotype energy weapons (plazma, and the bfg) but if all of the weapons were like this, I beleive it would loose a considerable horror factor and replacing it with sci-fi stuff.

Guest Wharghol
Kracov said:

hey. nice ideas about the zombies. but i also have a idea. why not have all the other monsters have a different skin tone or different horns? now that would be better. and as for the zombies possessing WEAPONS.. thats stupid. ive never seen a movie nor game besides DOOM with a zombie possessing a ak 47. if youve played quake, those zombies are much cooler and scarier. ID should make more zombies like quake's.

I beleive the zombies with guns make sense since I have based my opinon of DOOM and DOOM2 not anything else, since it happend in all the dooms before why stop now? There accuarcy should not be like a expert marksmen tho.

Wharghol said:

I cannot agree with you more, sci-fi weapons are ok but (from my point of view) dont fit well in a horror setting which doom takes part in. Although, heh, there is no such thing as a chaingun in real life, accept for a mounted crank gun that they used in the old days, befor 1900, not sure of its exact name but it was referd to as the (chaingun), there is however a minigun it works as seen in various movies, Terrminator 2 and predertor 1 to name some off the top of my head.

there is such thing as a chaingun in real life it just comes from some distant country or somthin not in america,also even if there no chainguns u hold there r automatic chaingun turrets too u know, they do have a chaingun just that it too heavy for most people that why they do not use it much so the chaingun is real. the predator movie was set in the present when it was done so the chaingun is a real military thing just not used to much because most soldiers r not that buff.

Guest Wharghol

MINI GUNS! not chainguns, miniguns are better! you can hold them! you dont need a mount. Doom3 should have a minigun not a chaingun. It would just make sense. Miniguns look better than them lame chain guns anyway. There is no need for a mounted gun, its not doom, doom is about attack not defend nor ambush, thats why their absolutly be no sniper rifel, let the mod people have a go a that, I know they will.

Guest Epiphany

Come on mate - who cares! I don't care if they call it a broomstick as long as it is a cool weapon that looks and fires well then it makes sense to me. You are right about that sniper rifle though - Doom is about in your face action not snipering slowly from the shadows.

Guest DooMsDaY_

ahm,wait a minute ..
the weapons you are suggesting are not realistic at all! It's not Delta Force we are talking about here. It's DooM ! If you want to shoot with 'real' guns go play halflife and rainbow six,or even better go to a carnival and shoot at wooden ducks.
The world of DooM is at a far future,with space bases and Military Mars' colonies and spaceships flying around. And it's wrong when some people want just/only gothic weapons or hellish weapons. There should be both types . It's the marriage of ultra-technology and gothic-like hell architecture. And what is it with you people that want so bad to hide behind a rock and start shooting with your riffle? Lammers i say. Go and fight there in the open,with all those demons hunting you. Dont hide behind walls!