Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Antaran

And how bout Keen???

Guest Antaran

Whe id released Doom2 there was Keen on secret level. Maybe this time John Blazkowcz from Wolf will hang instead of poor Keen.
Anyway I'll be glad to see Keen too.

Guest Sethsez

id always has stuff from older games. Doom2 had Wolfensein and Commander Keen, and Quake & Quake II had the Dopefish (also from Keen). Personally, I was happier to see the Dopefish in Quake then to see Keen in Doom2, but that's cause I loved the Dopefish. Maybe I'm just nuts...

Guest antaran

Ok, I played Commander Keen once or two times, and I dont know who is Dopefish. So I'll be glad someone tell me when I can find Dopefish on Doom, Wolf, Quake and other Id games. Thanx.

Guest Sethsez

I think the Dopefish was in CK 6, but I'm not sure. It was in one of them. Anyway, in Quake, go to Episode 2, map 3, The Crypt of Decay. Near the end, there will be a hall full of nail-shooters, followed by a bridge over a brown lake. On the bridge, if you look left (facing away from the nail room, right if you are facing toward it), you will see a small crevice. Either try a running jump (hard) or type FLY in the console (easy) to get into it. A message will pop up saying "Welcome to the Well of Wishes!" Go in and swim a little. You'll see a very odd texture on the wall. That is the mighty Dopefish.

The Dopefish was in Commander Keen 4. The reason I remember that is because it was my favorite episode. :) He was only in one level of the entire game.

antaran said:

Ok, I played Commander Keen once or two times, and I dont know who is Dopefish. So I'll be glad someone tell me when I can find Dopefish on Doom, Wolf, Quake and other Id games. Thanx.

The dopefish first appeared in games from Apogee, the people that published Wolf3D, Keen, Duke 1&2 and bunch of other titles. It is in Quake, Quake 2, Duke Nukem 3D (E1L5) and apparently in Q3A, too. Check out Apogee's FAQ - it should have more info on the little guy. "Swim, Swim, Hungry..." :)