Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

Things to keep in DOOM3

There is a lot o things we have to keep in DOOM3.

1. All the weapons, though, the pistol, should be a beretta, the chaingun should be a minigun. plus a couple more.

2. The monsters, all the old monsters plus 10 new.

3. The way Doom starts, a screen and a hellish tune. With the options new game save game etc.

4. The statusbar where we can see our little friend.

5. The levels, it should not be like Half-Life with ONE level. THATS not doom, no more like doom2`s levels.

6. Music made by Bobby Prince, not midi, caus a lot o people cant hear it right, i can tho. It sound great.

7. The map. there should be a map in 3d, 4 perspectives. front, right, top and user "perspective" where you can spin around with the mouse, sayng wheeeee.

8. THE CO-OP ability for petes sake.

THINGS TO TRASH

1. The demon spitter.....

2. The keys

THINGS TO PUT IN D3

1. A storyline, an ingame storyline which unfolds throughout the game.

2. Objectives. Like in Jedi Knight, lets try to get away from the find the key, shoot monsters, strafe, exit. More something like, find the oil station, shut it down, sorta stuff.

3. More earth based weapons. Forget the sci-fi sob stuff. we got 2 of them, one i love(Plasma), and one i have no respect for, but comes in handy(S.O.B gun). We would want a grenade launcher, a knife, a leg (your leg not some zombies). A machine-gun, noff said.

4. Friends (alive ones) To help out around the corner. And maybe some to free.

5. cutscenes, and lots of them, some after each level.

6. The ability to fly and drive. Like a chopper and a car. Maybe you have to fly out to ya mission or somethin`.

7. Battles around you, like you look up in the sky and see some spacecrafts battling.

Thats all for now.
Feel free to reply,

Shaviro said:

4. Friends (alive ones) To help out around the corner. And maybe some to free.7. Battles around you, like you look up in the sky and see some spacecrafts battling.

I agree with the friends idea, but not necessarily them being able to fight with you. More like this:

You see through a window a squad of marines trying to unlock a door, being attacked by several imps. You can't do a thing to help them except watch them die. Just before the last one dies, he is able to unlock the door, which you would not have been able to do. You then find your way into that room, clean up the baddies and go through the now unlocked door.

Guest BA Barrackas

I agree with alot of these ideas, especially the one regarding the level structure. A jedi Knight style approach would be nice. (i.e. Have a level in a location, say a marine outpost somewhere, and once you finish it, have an ingame cutscene showing how you get to the next level while giving a proper sense of story to the game, and continue this throughout.)

With regards to weapons, I think they should retain all the old ones, with obvious improvements (on the chaingun especially), but I think there should be some, maybe 2 or 3, new, unique, and original weapons. They don't nessacerily have to be sci-fi, but I think that would be pretty cool. A slow firing railgun based on the one from the film "Eraser" would definately suit Doom. It would be an elusive weapon obviously. On par with the BFG.

The battles you mentioned that would go on around you are a great idea. They would really add to the atmosphere and that is what Doom is about after all.
Imagine that you see a ship landing outside and you hear a loudspeaker calling for any marines in the area to get the hell outta there. You can't find any direct way to them, but when you do make it out, the ship is a wreck and there are hellspawn all over it, with the crew zombified.

That's all the thoughts for now

Guest PUNISHER
Charon said:

I agree with the friends idea, but not necessarily them being able to fight with you. More like this:

You see through a window a squad of marines trying to unlock a door, being attacked by several imps. You can't do a thing to help them except watch them die. Just before the last one dies, he is able to unlock the door, which you would not have been able to do. You then find your way into that room, clean up the baddies and go through the now unlocked door.

Or if the friendly marines are there,make it so that they aren't around for the whole level,they should be killed shortly after you meet them i.e. : You find some fellow marines and go through to the next area of the map,there stands a Cyber-Demon,your friends run ahead and do a fair amount of damage and then SPLAT they get gibbed and you're left all alone to finish him of.And along the lines of being able to drive/fly,if there are cars make sure they aren't crappy hover cars,make them cool,like a battle in a junkyard and there's an old beat up camaro that's still capable of driving,that kinda stuff,try to stay as far away as possible from the sci-fi stuff.

Guest Wharghol

I agree with you one hundred percent about the postion sci-fi stuff, far away :) But I think it would be very interesting if the levels were all joined seamlessly (ala half-life) because i feel it keeps you in the game, instead of ejecting you to a 2d menu and telling you your score. I always thought it would be cool if you had to walk/drive?/fly? to each installation in doom 1. If they had it like this there would be a limited out doors area and additional monsters, plot buliding, ect.