Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShadowcasT

God Damn

Guest ShadowcasT

Nine Inch Nails will do the music for DOOM3.
WTF? Why Carmack likes crap? Wasn't quake enought?
Damn,they didn't even start to make the game and the music already sux.This is the first bad news,hope it's the last ones.
:(

Guest Wharghol

I agree with you Espi, I liked quakes music. The only real resaon I got quake was (I got the demo disc and later upgraded) for trent's composition. But what it gets down to is a mater of opinon (spelling?) when involoving music. Many people like different forms of music (Rock, rap, country, ect) its almost imposible to please everyone. I beleive, on the other hand that Trent Renzor can pull off the spooky atmospher of doom.

Guest ShadowcasT

And witch part of that 'Music' did you like? I don't remember nothing other than a stupid back ground noise.
Come on ,quake music sucked,so will doom3 music (considering that came from a 'MTV' band,what a pity,they even call them self musician,wadsn't better a Rap band? :( ).

Hexen II had far way better ambient music,as well as quake2 had better action music.I really start to beleave that this game will be another stupid quake like.
Why they don't pay some real band,not just that commercial crap?.

Guest BA Barrackas
Espi said:

I liked Quake music, and hope doom3 music will be as good.

The "music" in Quake bit major ass. It was just someone farting down a microphone. The original Doom music is probably the best that any game has ever had. They had better keep it like that, as it added tremendously to the feel and distinction of the game.
Quake II had good music, but that is not the sort that makes you scared of what's round the corner, and that is what Doom is about...

Guest Sethsez
ShadowcasT said:

And witch part of that 'Music' did you like? I don't remember nothing other than a stupid back ground noise.
Come on ,quake music sucked,so will doom3 music (considering that came from a 'MTV' band,what a pity,they even call them self musician,wadsn't better a Rap band? :( ).

Hexen II had far way better ambient music,as well as quake2 had better action music.I really start to beleave that this game will be another stupid quake like.

Come on, have you even heard NIN outside of Quake? The Quake music is NOT Trent Reznor's normal stuff. The Quake "music" fit the game, by just being ambiant. That's what Quake called for. Trust me, he'll make good music for Doom3. And as for the rap comment, uh, he isn't a rapper....

BA Barrackas said:

The "music" in Quake bit major ass. It was just someone farting down a microphone. The original Doom music is probably the best that any game has ever had. They had better keep it like that, as it added tremendously to the feel and distinction of the game.
Quake II had good music, but that is not the sort that makes you scared of what's round the corner, and that is what Doom is about...

I agree! Doom 3's music should scare you out of your mind. A good example of how Doom scared you is when a friend of mine was playing one night in the dark with headphones on and a sheet over the monitor and his head. A Baron of Hell came out behind him and almost made him jump through the ceiling into the room above. That feeling was setup by the music.

The "music" was not supposed to be "music" in the first place. iD wasn't even going to have music in Quake in the first place! In fact, Quake was supposed to be some sort of midevil style game, but changed it the last minute. Why do you think the weapons look terrible? When iD asked Trent to make ambient music for Quake, that is what they got, ambient music. While the soundtrack certainly is not something you can put into a CD player and listen to all night, it fit into Quake's scheme better, and even though Quake sucked, the music made it better, but not much, since there wasn't much to make that game better it sucked so bad.

I have faith in Trent to make the best music for the best upcoming game. I believe he will do an excellent job.

Guest ShadowcasT
Sethsez said:

Come on, have you even heard NIN outside of Quake? The Quake music is NOT Trent Reznor's normal stuff. The Quake "music" fit the game, by just being ambiant. That's what Quake called for. Trust me, he'll make good music for Doom3. And as for the rap comment, uh, he isn't a rapper....

Yeah i heard NIN.And i think that they sucks.Toni Iommi is 10 times mutch better then their guitarist ,even if he is 60 years old and he got 4 fingers.
I even think that the original quake2 music is better that their own albums.
Give me a brake.I listen metal every day,and NIN sucks ass.

Guest PUNISHER

Personally I think that Bobby Prince should do it.And if not Bobby Prince then Ice Cube or KoRn

Guest Sethsez
ShadowcasT said:

Yeah i heard NIN.And i think that they sucks.Toni Iommi is 10 times mutch better then their guitarist ,even if he is 60 years old and he got 4 fingers.
I even think that the original quake2 music is better that their own albums.
Give me a brake.I listen metal every day,and NIN sucks ass.

Um, since NIN isn't metal, that isn't a very good comparison. Also, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it sucks. There can be things that are good that you don't like. I don't like classical music, but I can see how good it is. I just don't happen to like it.

Guest Epiphany

I can't believe that id could be any more stupid. Sure they are going to make a sequal to Doom - mistake #1. Why then does Carmack want to make mistake #2 by stuffing up the Doom music? Bobby Prince did a fine job with the original tracks do why the hell don't they get him back for the new Doom? Every day more and more Doom fans are loosing their faith in id because of their stupid mistakes. Nine inch nails are a fine group and Trent Razor is a talented musician but their music is of a distinct flavour, which suited Quake (which was also distinct) but would have no place in Doom. Get back the Prince who is the King.

ShadowcasT said:

I can't see why you spend you time trying to tell me that quake "music" sucked, and that doom3 music will suck, cause I really don't think they suck\will suck. It's just my opinion, I'm not trying to make you like NIN, so why would you want to make me not like it? And I don't think music needs to have real instruments, if you like what you hear, who cares what was used to make it? If someone farts into the microphone, and the person who farted thinks it's music and someone else thinks it's music (and they are not insane), then it's music IMO.

Sethsez said:

And as for the rap comment, uh, he isn't a rapper....

Hahaha, that reminds me, some senator was trying to outlaw that type of music a while back, and she targeted "rap bands such as Nine Inch Nails". Direct quote.

Guest JersyDvl
PUNISHER said:

Personally I think that Bobby Prince should do it.And if not Bobby Prince then Ice Cube or KoRn

No, anything but those guys!