Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IdMarine

The Link Between DOOM3 and Vampire...

Guest IdMarine

I just beat Vampire: The Masquerade last night and I noticed Carmack and some other fellow from Id Software, along with Id Software, in the credits. This makes me curious as to whether DOOM3 should/could/will be running in the Vampire engine. Any questions or comments, guys?

Guest ShadowcasT

I don't see any reason why they should.Vampire engine isn't any better than q3 (a 1 year older game),also i don't think it will be the best choise for an FPS.

Nah, id always writes their own stuff...Ever since Wolfenstien, they've been the ones raising the standard on rendering technology and quality with every new game. It's good for them all around because it takes advantage of the best new stuff for their games and EVERYONE lincenses their technology (a very large source of income, I'll bet). Just when it looks like they've been bested they're about to release something no ones ever seen before (Ken Silverman's Build->Quake, Unreal->QIII*)...By the time it comes out (2002 probably?) we won't even be able to imagine how cool it's gonna look...Lightyears beyond QIII I'm sure

*I believe that Quake III is, in terms of a powerful 3d engine, superior to Unreal, but all the "pretty effects" in Unreal might distract your noticing it :)