Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tagart 666

I have a monster of an idea...

Guest Tagart 666

I've got an idea for the monsters in Doom3, what if they had one or two killing atacks when fighting hand to hand. Imagine you walk into a room with one Baron, you have the shotgun, when you shoot (or only when the Baron is in pain) it has a 25% chance of trying a killing atack on you, mabee it would reach way back and do a huge haymaker on you, doing 90% to 99% off your health.

Guest Adasciti

U have to have a little balance between making the game challenging and fun at the same time, and if every time I came apon a situation like that I think that would be quiet fustrating not just for me but any other player seeing as if u;r playing doom u'r gonna have hordes of enemies and a 90% hit would be way to unfair to any player except maybe if u were playing nightmare.

A good concept but should be restricted to higher level monsters (unlike zombies, imps, demons, lost soul, etc.) and restricted to melee combat. A cacodemon could try to digest you if it gets a few successful bites (shut their big fat mouth). A cyberdemon could easily rip you in half if it got ahold of you (my, they have strong arms!). An Archvile could turn you into a rabbit or something (gee, I wonder if the squered rabbit was actually a marine once?). The baron could try to powerup a super fireball if you're stuck in a hallway and can't evade (ok it's not melee but still an ender, upwards of 150 damage).