Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IdMarine

Submit Your DOOM3 Ideas Here For E-mail to Id

Guest IdMarine

That's right, guys...There's going to be an e-mail to Id regarding some good ideas for DOOM3 (thanks to deadnail...)and I'm wondering if there's some other good ideas out there in DOOMLand, so if you've got any, post 'em here please. By the way, I'm looking to start a petition, so spread the word, and hopefully we'll have enough 'signatures' to have Id consider our list of ideas. So strength in numbers...let's have those 'yeas' and ideas, folks! Long Live DOOM!

There is a lot o things we have to keep in DOOM3.

1. All the weapons, though, the pistol, should be a beretta, the chaingun should be a minigun. plus a couple more.

2. The monsters, all the old monsters plus 10 new.

3. The way Doom starts, a screen and a hellish tune. With the options new game save game etc.

4. The statusbar where we can see our little friend.

5. The levels, it should not be like Half-Life with ONE level. THATS not doom, no more like doom2`s levels.

6. Music made by Bobby Prince, not midi, caus a lot o people cant hear it right, i can tho. It sound great.

7. The map. there should be a map in 3d, 4 perspectives. front, right, top and user "perspective" where you can spin around with the mouse, sayng wheeeee.

8. THE CO-OP ability for petes sake.

THINGS TO TRASH

1. The demon spitter.....

2. The keys

THINGS TO PUT IN D3

1. A storyline, an ingame storyline which unfolds throughout the game.

2. Objectives. Like in Jedi Knight, lets try to get away from the find the key, shoot monsters, strafe, exit. More something like, find the oil station, shut it down, sorta stuff.

3. More earth based weapons. Forget the sci-fi sob stuff. we got 2 of them, one i love(Plasma), and one i have no respect for, but comes in handy(S.O.B gun). We would want a grenade launcher, a knife, a leg (your leg not some zombies). A machine-gun, noff said.

4. Friends (alive ones) To help out around the corner. And maybe some to free.

5. cutscenes, and lots of them, some after each level.

6. The ability to fly and drive. Like a chopper and a car. Maybe you have to fly out to ya mission or somethin`.

7. Battles around you, like you look up in the sky and see some spacecrafts battling.

Things to change.

1. The cheats

all the old cheats must have the same letters to type, except idclip, that one has to change again.

music- how abought information society(aka insoc) band leader(ownly band member)kurt harland?

weapons- the old weapons where nice but make them better! i liked half life weapons allot(i really liked that gun where that thingie would spin if you held down the gun's second option) and how a bought a one time use weapon? like something that blows a hole in a door or somthing. and some weard weapons like u go into a shed and get a weed eater or somthing like that?

enemies- the enemies are ok as they are but make them better and redesign them like in doom64.

levels-i liked the half life levels(i really liked the part where that big monster was in that hole and u had to blast it with rocket axauset? i would really like a level like that.

Guest JudgeDooM

Oh! Finally, someone can E-mail id! I've already tried but it didn't work :(

Read this, then:

- There should be the possibility to interact with other space marines, like in UT, for example, send them before you to clear the area.
- Keep the same weapons but - of course - redesigned. What about two guns( one in each hand ) and a machine gun akimbo ( 2 uzis or mac 10 ). Add new weapons, but I would like overall REAL-LIFE weapons!! Not to forget the reload animations ( realistic ones, like in Counter-strike and not abused and too fast like in Soldier of Fortune ).
- KEEP THE HELLISH AMBIANCE. please!!!!!That was one of the greatest things of the original Doom.
- Do levels like in Half-Life ( one level ). I know some person might not like it, but I find it a good idea. The level after level thing belongs to the past. The start of the game should be in a UAC space craft ( by the way, there should be a cinematic showing the space marines preparing themselves--wearing their body armor, helmet and taking weapons )
- Add cinematics
- The music MUST be like on the playstation version!!!!!! They're so scary and just are the best suited for the game ( especially the one on E2M1, damn! it doesn't want to go away from my mind, I'm thinking of it as I write this :) )!! Or new ones, but please...NO TECHNO!!!!!!! It hasn't anything to do in this game. I think that rock music like in Quake II would suit good for the space levels, and PS music when you're in hell ( if the storyline makes us return there--I hope so ! )Has anyone heard the music in Quake II on the N64?? Too good, it would also do the thing.
- Keep the same monsters - redesigned too - and add new ones. But don't forget the Cyberdemon, it's the most important, and the zombified marines :) .
- Mods should be activated easily like in Quake III or HL. Also a good server finder for the multiplayer like in UT.

...I think that's all that would make us happy.

Guest JudgeDooM

...I forgot...keep the same Space Marine model, in green witha a gray body armor, or the one in Quake III! And it would be cool to see his face again on the status bar, showing him bleeding when he's too much injuried, and make his head explode when he's beaten by the Cyberdemon.

Who are you planning to send this to? I believe id only gives out webmaster and technical support e-mail addresses on their website (but those are unrelated, obviously)...I think you'd have to directly e-mail one of the guys at id...You can get their e-mail addresses from the finger service that the GameSpy sites keep records of (for the .plan updates)...the .plan authors include these addresses willfully so I guess they might be excepting to the idea of recieving e-mail of this sort (John Carmack's I believe is johnc@idsoftware.com (the original DOOM and storyline were his idea so maybe him...))
But since they probably haven't started working on the engine at all yet*, it would probably be the best time to mail (idea's like deadnail's "one model player" would have to be implemented from the beginning)

*A note from above: He and the others at id I think usually have to do lots of research work before they can make something new because the stuff they do at id is stuff no has done before (new rendering methods, etc.) so they have to constantly update realtime 3d rendering theory (and it's application into efficent programming concerned with speed)

But anyway, I don't know which id employee this should go to but I think it does have to go to one of them because there doesn't seem to be a "standard" id e-mail address for this sort of thing. Either way they probably won't listen but it's *definetly* worth trying :)

Guest JudgeDooM
JudgeDooM said:

...I forgot...keep the same Space Marine model, in green witha a gray body armor, or the one in Quake III! And it would be cool to see his face again on the status bar, showing him bleeding when he's too much injuried, and make his head explode when he's beaten by the Cyberdemon.

...and a red or orange sky, Unreal style. Good if it's like in the map called DM-Hellteh in Unreal Tournament.

Guest kaban

I don't care what you do but make the game scary, frightening. And also give us some weapons that are fun to use and so I can go around the corner with a new gun and feel safe (but not too safe).

Guest Reptile
JudgeDooM said:

The reload times in Soldier of Fortune, while not very realistic, had to be that fast. If they were any slower you would die too often when facing many opponents (Rediculous spawning). In DOOM there were no ammo clips that held a certain ammount of bullets, or anything like that. You could fire until you ran out of ammo completely. I think DOOM 3 should use weapons that require a reload after every 17 or so bullets, but make it fast! Don't worry about realism (Or else we might as well make the player stop and have a rest after they ran for a few seconds!) and just make it fun...

Guest micpp

Cutscenes between levels would be cool. I mean, in Doom and Doom2 you just go through an exit door and suddenly appear in the next level, with no information on how you got there. That one model idea sounds good as well.

Guest JudgeDooM
Reptile said:

The reload times in Soldier of Fortune, while not very realistic, had to be that fast. If they were any slower you would die too often when facing many opponents (Rediculous spawning). In DOOM there were no ammo clips that held a certain ammount of bullets, or anything like that. You could fire until you ran out of ammo completely. I think DOOM 3 should use weapons that require a reload after every 17 or so bullets, but make it fast! Don't worry about realism (Or else we might as well make the player stop and have a rest after they ran for a few seconds!) and just make it fun...

mmm...yeah, u're right. I hope there will be an alt-fire for each weapon à la UT.

Guest Kaad-8

What dose Doom 3 need. I just relisized it looking though this post. The next Doom NEEDS the Cyberdemon, just think of a massive 3D model of a cyber demon. In some real atmoshpereic level you open a door and it there this huge bad ass cyberdemon It has to be so scary you shout in terror at your monitor find a coner to hide in then pause the game quickly leave the room for a change of underware and return to kick some demonic butt. And one other thing any doom game must have (other than a shotgun and the marine) CO-OP mode its a must.

Forever DOOM!!!!!!!

Guest PUNISHER

Things to be added:
-limbs can be severed
-enemies fight until they die (i.e. they crawl after you even though they have no legs, eyes etc.)
-assualt rifle,handgrenades or grenade launcher(or both),knife,mp5-k,2x uzis and a desert eagle.
-drivable vehicles like cars(not hover cars),helicopters etc.
-randomized skins for monsters(for more realism)
-convulsive corpses
-many different death sequences
-lots of city/factory/refinery type maps and then the hellish maps of course
-lots of new monsters a few from Heretic/Hexen would be nice aswell like the Dark Bishop and Disciples
-immersive storyline
-immersive atmosphere that keeps you in the game and will make you piss your pants if something unexpected happens
-random enemy placement so you don't know what to expect no matter how many times you play the game
-zombies will use anything they can find as a weapon i.e. pipes,crowbars,knives,garbage can lids,firearms,thier teeth or other body parts
-enviromental hazards i.e. broken glass(falling straight down on you not stepping on it) ,electricity,fire etc.
-Arch-viles can ressurect ANY dead bodies whether they were dead at the beginning of the level or during and they can convert enemies into soldiers of the undead army (the victim would have to be weakened first)
-A new enemy that steals it's enemies souls and becomes stronger
from each soul.his attacks would be lightning blasts from his hands,a very powerful punch/kick,he casts evil souls on you that rip you apart like the clerics special weapon from Hexen
-new classes of zombies like:
civilian :light armor,carries a primitave weapon or handgun,easy to kill

police officer :medium armor,carries nightstick pistol or shotgun harder to kill than civilian

Infantry:medium armor,carries a rifle or shotgun same as original Doom and Doom 2 zombies

Swat team:Heavy Armor,carries assault rifle or mp5-k,will relentlessly attack thier enemy until it's minced meat,these bastards are hard to kill with a pistol

US ARMY:Heavy Armor,carries assualt rifle,chaingun or grenade launcher,these guys are suprisingly skilled for zombies,very dangerous

Things to change:
-the intelligence of the aracnatron and spidermastermind
-each original enemy should have 1+ new attack(s)
-the shotgun needs to look better

Guest KamikazeDM
Kaad-8 said:

What dose Doom 3 need. I just relisized it looking though this post. The next Doom NEEDS the Cyberdemon, just think of a massive 3D model of a cyber demon. In some real atmoshpereic level you open a door and it there this huge bad ass cyberdemon It has to be so scary you shout in terror at your monitor find a coner to hide in then pause the game quickly leave the room for a change of underware and return to kick some demonic butt. And one other thing any doom game must have (other than a shotgun and the marine) CO-OP mode its a must.

Forever DOOM!!!!!!!

I second the motion, and add this:
Co-op mode is an abolute MUST but
you need to be able to SAVE THE
GAME MID-LEVEL During a net
co-op game. IMHO this is what
hooked me on DOOM(][) in the first
place. Also this is (again IMHO) the
reason a lot of other games did not
achieve the popularity they deserved
(hexen 2).

i was thinking of some new weather effect, like all of the weather is unscripted and completely at random when you enter a level just as long as they set the general theme like a sunset, and thenn let the engine do the rest

Guest Blackasm

somin i wanna see is somin closa 2 q3a not no half life bullsh**
that i wuz herin remember this is a DooM game wich im sure u got no problem remeberin but 4 those fools THIS AINT HALFLIFE OR UNREAL THIS IS DOOM i wanna see q3a style levels like the giant upside down cross in hellsgate or the living wallz and the mouth in the roof in lost world or the pentagrams all over and i wanna be able to see the raw power of the cyber demon and the other bada$$ demons and i was thinkin rammstein 4 the music just because a lot of there songs are similar 2 the old DooM without the twisted german voices and u could make 2 seperate main bosses-boss numba 1 could be like some skeletal demon and the other can be like a more bloodier type demon that we are all so used 2 and 4 the levels could be q1 style(old and gothic) 4 boss numba 1 and the q3A style levels 4 boss numba 2 remember this is your game this is your DooM make the sh** count and im sure youll make us pleazed except 4 those unpleazable type that i wrote about erliar

Here are some things that I think should be done with the new Doom 3 to make everyone love it.
1) High Compatability. I have a Pentium 333 with 64 meg of ram and DO NOT have a 3D ACCELERATOR. It should still look good but have that capability to use software emulation as well as 3D accel. Maybe they could have different levels of detail for textures or else for different levels of system capability. I was personally teed when I could'nt play QIII.
2) Lots and Lots of weapons, I got bored with 8 weaps pretty quick and wanted there to be more. If they're really smart they will have at least 12 weapons (multiples on different keys like the shotguns were). The ability to add more through editing should be included too (my DosDoom v.653 port now has over 15 new weapons in it alone).
3) High editability. They should make it easily editable and by that I mean to put an insane amount of normally hardcoded material into scripts, Level + Model + Texture Editors should abound, they could even include an editor or two or at least full documentation on what makes the game tic!
4) The monsters should be more deadly. I'm not scared of cyberdemons anymore. The only thing that has really killed me over and over again is "Memento Mori 2" megawad plugged into my butchered dosdoom (monsters muchmuch more deadly than normal). Different AI for different skill levels should be implemented so that a baron of hell could go from being a big bad guy to living out the reputation inspired by their name.
5) They should use some of the same monsters and add lots more, changing their apperance could do some good as well. The ability to Switch Places with the monsters would be good too (run around a base looking like an imp carrying a rocket launcher).

I want to be scared ****less. I want a big ole baron to pop out of my backpack and knock my head off (cursed item). I want new earth based weapons like grenade launcher. I want new TECHNO weapons like rail gun or atom-splitter or stuff that turns monsters into other things like hexen's pig egg did. I want to interact with my comerades when the spaceship door drops and they start firing (friendly death bots put into single player mode). I want to be able to shoot a wall with the rocket launcher and actually blow a chunk out of it. I want to vaporize doors and walls when I shoot the BFG. These are only some things I want. For everything I would have to write a book.

Do you remember the dead bunny from doom 1 end? or the little cat off of aliens movie (a little off track but same main point). Well, I have always wanted to be able to have little cats and other that pose no real threat in the gaming environment but flitter around waiting to be shot or eaten by demons. A dog might have some combat potential though (<g> a flashback from Quake 1).
This brings me to another point, all of those techno-columns and other in animant objects in D1 and DII should be able to be killed as well, I mean if you've ever seen the matrx where they shoot up the lobby those posts look cool being dismantled by m-16s and stuff. You should also be able to destroy dead bodies like in Quake 2 so that the Archvile can't bring them back(<g> wonder if it'll piss em' off? haha).

Kaad-8 said:

Forever DOOM!!!!!!!

Chillin' thought dude!
Those barons always did freak me out when popped out of the wall behind me and knocked my head off! They should have some unique traps in this new game like monsters popping out of a med-kit or
contracting a zombie disease that over time eventually turns you into a zombie until you get a soulsphere.
What would really scare my eyeballs out is a mega cyberdemon just standup in the middle of a big stack of crates (like off of e2m2) and act like a god. I would just sit there gawking up until the missile hit me.
That Mega Cyberdemon should be in the new game, twice as large as cyberdemon and more dangerous, leader of a hell army. Should be really smart like squeezing through crannies or have a personal teleporter and be able to maul you with his non-prosthetic hand,
maybe he could even cast weird magic. Yeah, like El Oscurito off of ROTT (old game, long story).

Guest Marine

How Doom 3 should be:

1. there should be friendly bots with different AI and rank. so if you meet a marine with a higher rank than you then you should do missions for them (like if they where hurt find af medkit for them)or follow them into combat

2. there should be small videos sometime when you enter a room. you should a scaring music getting higher and higher and you should se a cybordemon turn a round and look at you (something like that

3. Before a mission start you should be able to walk around on the base while seeing marine talk and like in the first quake eks. there should a training hall, a ready room where you could choose (not buying) Armor, starting weapon, helmet...(THIS SHOULD ONLY BE AVAILEBEL AT THE START OF EATH MISSION!)

4. you should keep the old hell level but also add abandon citys (like Downtown from Doom 2)

5. just befor you start a mission you should be in af spaceship (like ind starship troopers) and the commander should tell you your mission

Guest micpp
Blackasm said:

THIS AINT HALFLIFE OR UNREAL THIS IS DOOM

So why do you want all this quake 3 junk?

They ought to have some really neat modes that turn you into something else for a short time:
I propose "Baron Mode": You grab a ball that looks much like the invulnerability ball, and instantly you change into an 8 ft tall baron of hell that is invulnerable and does 2x normal baron damage with it's attacks, screen gets a reddish tint and is distorted around edges. However it only lasts for 1 minute and during that time you can only use the baron scratch/fireball technique (if you attack something close it automaticially switches to claws since they do more damage). To others you appear as a glowing blue baron that moves at player speeds.
I propose "Shrink Mode" (no joke): You grab a special powerup that looks like any other (megasphere, soulsphere, etc.) but instead of normal, you begin to shrink, you discover you have been diminished in every way 20 fold. Your weapons do 1/20 damage, you travel 1/20 speed, 1/20 size, you get the picture. It lasts for 30 seconds and during that time any thing normal size that walks over you kills you instantly (like Duke3d but not the same).

I have a great idea for different kinds of monsters.
*This one I was inspired by the "house on haunted hill" promo. Imagine a monster composed of an inanimant object, preferably a rope or cable, that when you get to close it comes alive and starts strangling you or tries to worm it's way into your body, scary huh? possibly more dangerous than some larger monsters because it does'nt move until it's gotcha (a knoose that grabs you and lifts you up in the air).
*A golem-type demon that is composed of dead corpses, and retains some of the previous owner's abilities. When pieces of it are blown off or destroyed it finds another corpse along the way. Scary part is that you can't ever kill it because it is a spirit and will keep reforming until you leave level - it will even resort to form out of gibs and make a blood monster. Sure it counts as kill the first time you disperse it but it keeps going and going...
*A "Speed Demon" (hahaha, umh no joke). Looks like a blue imp crossed with some characteristics of an archvile (impy but tall) It is so fast it will try to claw tackle and will almost fly in the process (acts kinda like the demon off of quake 1). It would crawl on the cielings, hide in the water, and throw fireballs that would chase you (but not do much damage). It could possibly cast some sort of magic (hey, were talking hell, there IS witchcraft there).

Go to any N64 sites talking about the new Turok shooter and look at the chaingun. Man! it's the best looking drawing of a chaingun barrels I've ever seen in a game. You can easily see that these designers were serious about visual detail on their weapons. The chaingun in all of the doom,quake series looked alittle to balky and sureal, and even comical. If ID read this,
please put some thought in drawing and animating the chaingun like the new Turok shooter for the N64. The Tsar,s out!!!

I don't really think there's too much to say: Doom was good because of it's simplicity; excellent gameplay and easiness to play; it's *great* atmosphere; it's excellent balance of weapons (not too many, not too detailed (simplicity) and they were diverse/unique) and monsters (not too many and not too detailed (simplicity) and diverse/unique) and they weren't all tedious to kill (*cough* quake, unreal and everyother FPS of late *cough*) and, of course, it's groundbreaking technology. Doom "3" should do all of this again. Stick to the formula that worked so well and kept us playing for all these years - and for all you ppl who say "FPSs have evolved - we've matured - find key find door no longer works - umm... yeah, whatever. Doom isn't a cumbersome adventure game like half-life - and id sure as hell better not make it that - while HL is cool and fresh and a well executed game that's levels and story were synergized very well -this should NOT be a model for doom. And another point I'd like to make. May id have the intelligence to use all the dazzling technology to make DOOM a well balanced and very playable game - rather than a complicated game that showcases "cool" technology. Simplicity is good. And it's what DOOM is. Oh, and one more thing - blazingly fast gameplay - no matter how unrealistic it is - is much more fun that hearing the players footsteps as he clumsily attempt to simulate someone walking around at 5 miles an hour - this isn't a FPS simulation for crying out loud - leave realism and simulation to car and flight games where it belongs.

I just remembered some ideas I had almost completely forgot about.

* It would be cool if all bullet weapons' gunshots were able to be seen. It would look like small tracers and travel very fast (for comparison, imp fireball moved @ speed of 10, tracers would move @ speed ~ 125) so that you could see them but still not really be able to get out of the way. I don't know if it's feasable because if you have 32 players in deathmatch all shooting bullet weapons, you would have 600+ tracer models flying around and it would probably bog down. This would of course not apply to shotguns (pellets that are not red-hot from friction).

* I think that a projectile (or even a bullet trajectory path) should be able to ricochet if it hits a "hard" surface at too low of an angle. Think of it, a rocket that you barely nicked a wall with actually bounces off a little and by accident hits the guy you wanted to shoot. This would not apply to fireballs or plasma that would instantly react and make a blast.

Guest Flamingsnotball

(I). First off,I would like to see some cinematics in DooM 3(FMV,realtime,ect.). i.e.- after each level is finished,it will show how the player ends up at the next level.
(II).Have area specific damage, but don't overdo it like SOF. Like, shoot an imp in the "launcher" arm, he ain't gonna be able to shoot you or claw you with that arm.
(III). There should be like three different levels for every weapon and when you pick up a higher level of a weapon, you ditch the old one. There should be atleast 15 weapons.
(IV). I would like to see some some monsters that give me nightmares. Make a cyber-demon like five times as strong and fast. Bosses should have the smartest AI as possible. They would learn from mini-bosses' mistakes.Bosses would know that you like to circle-strafe alot.
That's allI can think of now.

1) The cinematics are a great idea and they should be of EXTREME quality (good 3D graphics or even use film & actors). I've always wondered how the player gets from Map06 to Map07 (the one with the mancubi).
2) Great Idea for area specific damage, except do it to the player too. If take ALOT of damage to your leg you should be slowed down quite abit (like when mad max was shot in the leg and had to limp to his car). Headshot should do either 2x or 3x normal damage but no criticals please (a sniper rifle would only realisticially do up to 40 damage but with multipliers could have potential to lethal damage to a "fresh" player).
3) Maybe more than that and new systems of weapons as well (ones not like the originals).
*Fist, Brass Knuckles, Chainsaw, Flak Hammer
*Pistol, Desert Eagle, .223 Autoloader, SMG
*Pump Shotgun, Dbl Shotgun (1 load), Combat Shotgun, Mega Spreader (shoots a big 30mm, splits up into 20 high velocity fragments).
*Zombie Rifle, Assault Rifle, Chaingun, Minigun.
*Hand Grenade,Grenade Launcher (1 shot),Grenade Gun,Rocket Launcher, Split Missile (big missile breaks into 4 small rockets)
*Plasma Pistol, Plasma Gun, Heavy Plasma Rifle, Disrupter Gun
(disrupter shoots instant, high damage beam, moderate fire rate).
*Sonic Oscillator (auditory disrupter beam), BFG2703, BFG9K, Super Cannon (shoot all sorts of laser and plasma and disrupter and other stuff at same time in one beam).
4) They have always needed better AI. Plus the monsters shouldn't be limited the same way they have before (they should be able to squeeze through crevaces to get closer). I suggest also having a Demonized Player (like a doppleganger of sorts), it would have something like 1000 health + some armor and be able to use all weapons (like a bot). All monsters should have Bot-level AI on the higher difficulties. Monsters should be able to see what weapon you're using and react to it's potential danger.
I think that a very intelligent monster like the cyberdemon might be able to use limited psionic-telekinesis too (imagine a cyberdemon doing arch-vile type stuff on a larger scale and shooting rockets at same time.

Guest trescool
kain said:

music- how abought information society(aka insoc) band leader(ownly band member)kurt harland?

weapons- the old weapons where nice but make them better! i liked half life weapons allot(i really liked that gun where that thingie would spin if you held down the gun's second option) and how a bought a one time use weapon? like something that blows a hole in a door or somthing. and some weard weapons like u go into a shed and get a weed eater or somthing like that?

enemies- the enemies are ok as they are but make them better and redesign them like in doom64.

levels-i liked the half life levels(i really liked the part where that big monster was in that hole and u had to blast it with rocket axauset? i would really like a level like that.

Most of your ideas are terrible, and most of you can't even spell. I hope to hell ID doesn't listen to this post, or we have a bad game on our hands. There have been only a handful of good ideas on this post.

1)Cooperative Play - This is required.
2)Half-Life map transitions - Many people trashed this, but it makes the game great because you can trace your path from start to finish and makes you feel that your in the game, and the environment feels real.
3)Dont make it even resemble Q3 like some people wanted - Quake 3 was IDs worst game by far.
4)Doom should follow Half-Life's system somewhat - Half-Life is the first shooter that was more enjoyable, atmospheric and intense than Doom.
5)NO FMV SEQUENCES - Sequences that come from no where make it feel like your watching a movie, you should feel like your in the movie. If you must do cinematics, make them ingame. In Half-Life when you get captured by the military, and you wake up to them taking you away and talking about how they are going to kill you, that was a great sequence, and it was witnessed in 1st person.
6)Random Weather Effects - Some guy mentioned this, it sounds kind of cool and would make the game much more atmospheric.
7)Remix the old Doom1 midi music into CD Quality - The original MIDI music from Doom1 kicked ass, recompose it in CD Quality.
8)The cyberdemon could chase you - It could be like that Gargantua in Half-Life that chases you in the parking lot, throwing cars out of its way to get to you.

Guys, please refrain from posting stupid ideas like what the cheat codes should be.