Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JudgeDooM

Doom stuff

Guest JudgeDooM

I've learned this about three or four years ago and I'm thinking of it right now. Does anybody knows that a Doom film was announced, and Arnold Shwarzennegger would have played the Doomguy? There were some rumors back in 1998 that said the project was official...but then, nothing more.
There was also a Doom book released, I saw it 5 or 6 years ago at the station (in Geneva, Switzerland). God damn me, I DIDN'T BUY IT !!!!!!! and I don't think I'll find it now :( .

Yeah everyone knows about the Doom movie. Supposedly it's in 'Movie Hell' so to say, as there hasn't been a decent script put forth so they haven't ever began casting or shooting. Same goes for the Duke Nukem movie; they're still making the script.

I've seen the Doom novels as well, starring the Doomguy and a black Doomgirl on the cover running from a baron of hell if I remember it correctly. I didn't pick them up either, and from everyone I've asked who bought them they turned out to be the worst pieces of trite cliches ever bound under single covers. No one really liked them, at least not people who read a lot of books anyways. Just as well I suppose. How do you turn point and shoot, grab the ammo, point and shoot, run like hell, point and shoot into a compelling book?

Of the main forums, books - movies - video games, none ever survive the transition from one to another decently intact. Sphere only had 1/100th the detail of the book. Starship Troopers was only 1/3rd as long. Anyone ever play the Total Recall game on NES?

Anyone ever seen 'Wing Commander'?

Maybe it's best this way. :)

Guest JudgeDooM

I didn't see the same cover, actually it was the same picture when you start Doom ( you know, where you see the space marine on a rock, firing at some imps ). But I read a little bit of the book and I remember the Doomgirl bit.
I hope the Doom movie project will be re-launched. But I hope it won't be a shitty movie like Double Dragon or Wing Commander ( I haven't seen it but everyones says this movie is trashable ), because they're also taken from videogames and they didn't have success :(

Well, in all defense, TRUE LIES for SNES was actually pretty damn good. Lord of the Rings, on the other hand, well, J. R. R. Tolkien should've ended up taking hostages over that rancid flake of dung shaped like a gamepak.

Wing Commander did suck. I'm sorry. It's such a shame too, it was a decent game.

Uh oh, better start talking about Doom3 before we get flamed...

Guest JersyDvl

I read the first 3 books, they were infact pretty good, but you have to be a Doom fan to truely enjoy them. The covers of the first 2 were the same as the title screens of the first 2 games, the 3rd one has a space marine in a space suit fighting a Mancubus in space. Ive seen the fourth one but didnt buy it. All i can remember from the cover is an Arch Vile. If you are looking to buy them, try amazon.com, they may have them.

Guest orion
deadnail said:

Well, in all defense, TRUE LIES for SNES was actually pretty damn good. Lord of the Rings, on the other hand, well, J. R. R. Tolkien should've ended up taking hostages over that rancid flake of dung shaped like a gamepak.

Wing Commander did suck. I'm sorry. It's such a shame too, it was a decent game.

Uh oh, better start talking about Doom3 before we get flamed...

i have the 2 first doom books, if u want a descrption of em well here u go:
imagine the doom1 and doom2 box shrunken and there ya go.
the 2 books were ok actually pretty good. sadly i am not a person that would rather read a doom book than play the actual game so i didnt buy the rest.

Guest JudgeDooM

So there are other Doom books...mmm...interesting. But if they're not good as deadnail and you say...mmm...NOT interesting :(

thanx for the info anyway!