Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tsareppsun

Question.

Being that Id's going to use a new graphics engine for the new Doom and all. Does this mean that the weapons are going to be placed at the bottom middle of the window like the original. Or will they lean the weapons more angled to the side like most of todays generations 1st person shooters? Or at best you'll have the option to move it from the side angle to the middle like in UT? That's all for now Yo's, later.

I don't know, but in all likelihood it will be off to the side (it might be the single-model thing someone else suggested too) for realism. They did it with quake 2 and 3. And besides, a missile launcher does not look like it feels good when it's in the center (he he he).

Well, obviously nobody has any idea how they're going to do it. When I play Unreal, I put the weapons in the middle, just like DOOM. Much easier to aim that way. Maybe instead of left right and center, we could be able to position it gradiently anywhere we wanted along the screen. You know, any angle. Various degrees. Of course, that's pretty low on my wish list. :-b

Guest c-d-w

I think it should be varied... depending on what kind of weapon you're holding - A pistol or 1-handed gun should be held in front of you, to aim down the sights (Half-Life pistol was very wrong), and large guns that require two hands (shotgun, machine-guns, etc.) should be held off to the side (hip-fired) or shoulder fired. It all depends, and obviously, as it was already pointed out, holding the larger weapons directly in front of your face would be uncomfortable and sometimes painful!
Remember, the Doomguy is left handed, too!