Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flamingsnotball

Big Fraggin' Gunz

Guest Flamingsnotball

Should DooM3 have some freaked-out sci-fi weapons or gunz a little more down to Earth? I think it should be a combinnation.

Hmmmm i hate to much Sci-Fi stuff. If i wanna see Sci-fi, i see Star Wars. Grenade Launchers would be in order.

Maybe you should try to talk with your toilet.LOL.

Guest JudgeDooM

-=NO!=-

I don't see why everybody is so freaked out over the sci-fi guns. I think there should be a few new ones like a disrupter rifle and some other jazz in addition to earth based stuff (the good old grenade launcher). But nothing original replaced!!!
Energy weapons should use an amount of energy cells per shot proportional to how much damage they do and how overall dangerous they are (A blaster pistol would use 2 cells because is shoots 1 shot a little more powerful than plasma gun's shot. A weapon that effects a large area ie. BFG should use lots of ammo though, ok they got that one right).

It is a few hundred years after the present so the human race should have some neat stuff by then (we already have lasers, the're just too bulky to be used in combat because we can't figure out how to make the clips smaller). But then again, we will still use stuff like shotguns and grenade launchers because they are crude but are still deadly!

If you follow the story from the doom books (novels ~ 250 pgs/piece), It is actually aliens that attack earth and mars with monsters greated through genetics to look like demons.
(in the story they visited earth about 1500 AD and got the ideas for their army from the bible so humans would instantly submit... they did not anticipate humans developing all the cool weapons and stuff).

Shaviro said:

Hmmmm i hate to much Sci-Fi stuff. If i wanna see Sci-fi, i see Star Wars. Grenade Launchers would be in order.

Maybe you should try to talk with your toilet.LOL.

i still like the earth style gunz...you know..pistols, shotguns, magnums, grenades and my favorite, the sniper rifle.........