Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so..

To all of you who think there should be a gazillion of enemies and weapons and don't realize that balance and simplicity are major factors in what made DOOM so damn playable.

Reptile said: "...Different ammo types is a VERY nice idea. Just not TOO many, so that you can't tell the difference between them. Every single thing in DOOM 3 should be very different to everything else! I can write than a million times if anyone wants me to! DOOM 1 and 2 had every weapon and enemy totally different. You had to use/fight each one differently, and apply different skills to any given situation. If the game was loaded with thousands of items and weapons/weapon-modifications, all the simplicity that made DOOM will be gone."

Guest JudgeDooM

I couldn't agree more. If we must use all the keys of the keyboard, I think it will be more a boring combat simulator than a ass-kicking, simply played game. You know what I'm sayin'.

Guest redwarrior

I agree fully. DOOM wasn't supposed to be overly complex. To add dozens of methods to modify weapons would be quaint indeed, but it would be tedious and detract from the feel the previous DOOMs established. If mostly everything is changed, there's no point in calling it Doom3, really. It'd be pretty much apart from its heritage... which would be a very frustrating. DOOM's meant to be fast and simple, not slow and burdened by complex and unecessary little bits! Use the power for something else, like meltable doors reflective objects! Now that'd be quite nice.... or a flashlight even! Useful and unobtrusive!