Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Justininsecure

What I want

Guest Justininsecure

The thing that keeps me playing DOOM over the newer games is the fear it at leats attempted to inspire. As part of that, I want there to be NO futuristic guns, maybe a rocket launcher, IF ammo is astoundingly rare. I like the way the character was completely outnumbered and outclassed - I hate the fact that I can put Quake on the highest setting and still run around like a lunatic blowing things away with freaky guns. And I liked the dawning realization that came over the player as you went deeper into the game - at first it was just a space base, but then things started getting freakier and freakier, with flesh and machines being integrated into walls and like, walls of human faces and shit. So I DON'T want to be a big, invincible loony, and I DON'T want the story to be "Demons! Kill!", but I DON'T want there to be cutscenes and shit - put hints as to what cause all this to happen IN THE GAME, just like, in the surroundings and shit, and let the players figure it out like they were really there. Make DOOM 3 smart.

One word... machinima! Yep, machinima... instead of cheesy, grainy FMV videos why not incorporate scripted events and machinima.
Machinima is a film using a game engines... engines?!

Guest Justininsecure

Yo mean, like an Imp would run up to me and say something? Or more like triggered events in a map? See, id on't think there should be any explanation of the story at all except in the instruction booklet intro, and end. It'd be neat if as you want, the zombies started being more and more mechanical and less human, or you found a broken lab somewhere with lots of bio parts that kind of hinted at something, but any explanation at all would ruin it.

This way, we get hundreds of opinions on the web, and fanfics and new levels, and it's kinda creepier because you never really KNOW...