Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

DooM3 Music

The poll on DooMWorlD, the one with the music. It was silly. No sense at all. There was Metal, industrial, ambient sound or something. Its not that easy. Take a look at E1M1, thats LETS GET MOVING music. if you take E1M8 or E2M8 and Message to the Arch-vile(Map20). Thats typical boss music.Then there is DOOM (map05)(Doom is named for the dooo ooom in the song) Thats creepy music. And The Healer Stalks(Map02), thats Great bagground music. Bye Bye American Pie(Map23) Thats good music for escape, like situations. Tense(MAP28) Thats some of the most enjoyable music, for puzzlelevels. What Trenz Reznor needs to do is not to make the music Before the levels, but make the music to the levels, for ID's sake.

Another thing i would like to add, is if the music doesnt fit to the levels, its gonna take off over 50% of the enjoyment. My most favorite Music in DooM1 and 2 is: E1M1, E1M4, E1M6, E1M8, E2M1, E2M2, E2M3, E2M8, E3M1, E3M2, E3M3, E3M8, Map01, Map02, Map05, Map07, Map09, Map20, Map23, Map28, Map30 And Map31. If you ask me what my favorite music is. Of all there is. Ill say The music from Doom I and II. The Music i havent mentioned here isnt bad, not at all. I love them too. All the Music fits PRCIESELY to the level, and thats what Trenz Reznor should try to do. Id he does, DooM3 is Halfway done.

I would like to ask all you Doomers what your favorites are and why.

Guest Kaopectate

very true...but...

It's not really about favorite music..it's about setting the mood of each level to fit the story/theme of that level (yes...id should make a more complex story line...maybe they should get the help Daffyd ab Hugh (i think that's the spelling)..the guy who wrote the series of books based on DooM...those books rock..)

...but that's just my opinion...

Guest Hellspawn

I really only liked the first Doom novel... after that it lost the sense of "one man versus one million monsters" idea, and twisted the story around to where the demons are aliens (which is cheesy, if you ask me). Even in the first one there's that Arlene chick... but I guess there HAS to be at least TWO people for a story...

Guest Kaopectate
Hellspawn said:

I really only liked the first Doom novel... after that it lost the sense of "one man versus one million monsters" idea, and twisted the story around to where the demons are aliens (which is cheesy, if you ask me). Even in the first one there's that Arlene chick... but I guess there HAS to be at least TWO people for a story...

those books were kewl...
I don't think they would've been at all interesting if it was just one man versus a million monsters...You could play the game for that. There was a cool yet depressing love story somewhere in there, and yes there was a lack of interresting enemies and stuff in it, but it was still interresting...