Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Psyonisis

Monsters

Ok... first of all... not all the monsters should have amazing AI. I laughed so hard when my friends and I played multiplayer coop and got huge monsters to fight eachother. The lost souls are just stupid and attack anything. The basic grunt enemy (zombiemen) in Doom 3 should be so stupid that they would like accidentaly trip or something similar like in Resident Evil. There shouldn't be any bosses... you could call a cyberdemon a boss but bosses suck in games. What are the odds that somehow you and some big monster are in a room together? Large monsters should be walking around like any other ones.

Some other thoughts:

About the map making... personally I think TeamTNT sucks. When I first played Icarus: AV, I was disgusted. There was hardly any bad guys at first and space base themes are NOT scary. The kind of levels I like are like in Hell Revealed because even the first levels had like 5 cyberdemons each. This is unrealistic, but I think id should hire Adelusion and Iikka Kerenan and all the people who worked on gothic dm and requiem and such. id should have designers that have that kind of feel to the game.

that's all I got... now to prepare to be flamed.

I heard somewhere that the zombies are even going to look like the ones in Resident Evil - Now that would suck. They weren't ever supposed to be proper zombies, just possesed dudes with rifles and bad personal hygeine. That's how I view it anyway.

Guest Kaopectate

I agree...Icarus isn't great...but it is fun in later levels...
But have you ever played DooM2000:Hub One...that is damn scary..plus it's a SPACE THEME!!!!!...
Eternal DooM is awesome too...
Do you think that you could do better???

And I'll tell you why having 5 cyberdemons in a more than one level is stupid (at most 3...and in late levels)... You have to figure out how to put in the ammo to kill them and all the other monsters...Plus it takes stonger weapons to kill them without great difficulty/invulnerability/cheating...Also if you give players all of that in early levels..it won't get much better and people will stop playing...especially in a 32+ level megawad...

And Gothic Dm is not solo-play, not clever, and not really appealing...anyone who tries to make a solo-play game with levels like that should be killed...(seriously)...

Guest Street

Na I think Bosses rule.. I think your first meeting with the Cyber Demon is a great experience in Doom.
I'd like to see something like that in DOOM 3.

I also like the one flat screen where you fight all these fat SOB's and then after you kill them the walls fall down now you fight a good number of Cyber Spider Demon's.

What I THINK needs to before the final level.
is have 6 Cyber Queen Spiders and 6 CyberDemons.
on a flat land.
nothin to hide behind to hide from there attacks.. or if so.
make it like it could save you... but it could also be your downfall.
but anyhow.. lets make it something like that.

and pretty much your just going through skill there.
jump out of the way of the rocket. and run from the guns as they are shooting at your feet making you dance.

Mithrandir said:

I heard somewhere that the zombies are even going to look like the ones in Resident Evil - Now that would suck. They weren't ever supposed to be proper zombies, just possesed dudes with rifles and bad personal hygeine. That's how I view it anyway.

At the moment the only official Doom 3 information is what was in John Carmack's .plan file, so I'd take anything else you hear with a pinch of salt.