Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IdMarine

Slige Effects In Doom3...

Guest IdMarine

I was thinking about all these desired improvements for Doom3. And suddently I thought of Diablo2. That game has wonderful replayability because it has a random level generator. What if Id included such a feature. I was told/read that Doom3 is about the 1st player experience, so why not give the player more to do? If that doesn't help co-op and the such, I don't know what would. But they could also keep the level editing ability of course.

Guest DarkMage

Actually, i think that the random generator is a great idea. It won't eliminate the need for custom maps because the game will be told what kind of enimies are acceptable (To prevent a cyberdemon from showing up on level 1 for example (though that would be fun trying to kill it with your pistol :P)). The map creator can specify which monsters are to be spawned in which sectors. So instead of fighting a cyberdemon, you might encounter 20 hell barons or 5 hell barons and a spider demon (i prefer the 5 hell barons and a spider demon because the spider demon whould kill all the barons for me :P).