Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

DooM3: Infernal Sky

Does any one remember the novels? {No they weren't boring} According to the novels, the next DooM should be DooM3: Infernal Sky, and id would also be forced to make DooM4: End Game! Im suprised all you other DooM freak didnt realise this already! Oh well, I never get replies any way...

Well since I never bothered myself with the novels, could you enlighten me as to how the storyline would progress? Paraphrase.

Wow, that was fast, it usually takes moths to get me a reply, if even any, hell, that was only 2 seconds ago when I posted this! Well, any way, the story could go on after DooMII{final doom dont count, it was a mission pack} DooMIII: Infernal Sky. When Flynn return to earth to "help repair" it is still invaded, more demons came through while he was in hell {did I mension Arlene is with him?} and the only place for survival is in Hawaii, where he went with Albert Gallatin, his mormon buddy. They then get a generals briefing that they had to go back to phobos, and get back to the gates, because some "good" aliens gave the humans their portal number. After they go through the portal, they meet two aliens {Seirs and Robbuck} and they go on a mission to the alien planet that started the invasion and allied with hell. Then BlahBlah, id makes the rest, blahblahblah, you then beat it, and id comes out with a mission pack a month later title: "DooM: End Game" where you fight the "newbies" off, go through Phobos again, and get back to earth {did I mension that there was a lot of action in beetween there?}
Blah. Thats how it would go, so ill tell the logic here: If its gonna be DooM3, then it should be called DooM3: Infernal Sky, like the novels, that way, id Software would be forced to make DooM4: End Game! And if its not, then it would be DooM4, hello? Did everyone forget about Final DooM??? And even though DooM64 was a disgrace, it was still a DooM game, and has to be counted! So, how about, uh, DooM5? But no, id wants to call it DooM3: The Unreal. {no, it aint using the UT engine} But I agree thats a shitty name{:the unreal} God, if its gonna be that, they might as well call it Half-DooM!?! Oh well, they will call it whatever they want to call it, and we cant change that!

This also brings me to the point {reading other forums} Where did the creatures come from? In the game, its hall and space, what does that make them? Daemaliens? Alaemons? In the game, it points more toward hell, but in the book, it point more toward an alien invasion! Ahh! I stuck! Which is it? I bet you dont know! Well, the answer is both. Novel= Space. Game= Hell! Ps. I have a web site, it sucks rite now, so dont go to it for about a week or two!!! http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/bjkap

Jeremy said:

Seirs and Robbuck?

That's the single stupidest motherfucking joke I've ever heard.

Now I'm glad I never read the novels.

Final Doom wasn't really a sequel, just another 64 levels of Doom 2.

Doom 64 was a port of Doom 2, however at the time Doom 2 would've been to old and boring to directly port so they redid all the textures in high color, redid all the animations so they wouldn't be as blurry, and redid all the levels so it would feel like a new game.

It didn't suck, either. Personally I loved it. Just because a company improved a few things doesn't make it blasphemy to the classic. Hell, Doom is a GAME. Don't go into it automatically hating it just because it looks 'different'. "Oh no! They changed something! The bastards! I won't even give it a chance now!"

Doom
III:
Infernal Sky

Has a cute ring to it. It would work.

As for 'The Unreal', do you think ID would be that cliche?

Well, to tell you the the truth, I love DooM64 too, but I was dissapointed that they took out the Spidermastermind, and they also took out: Chaingundude, Archvile, Revenant, {the nazi, heheh} But it was pretty cool. I love the playstation port tho! They added a couple new textures, all new sound and music, doom and doom two levels, plus a few new levels. Yeah, I think Seirs and Robbuck was a stupid name too, but the novels were great! Man, I wish DooMLegacy supported md2 models, that would fu$%^ rock!! Hmmm, well never {in teo years} know, Doom3, Doom: the unreal, DooM3: Infernal Sky, until then...

Doom Legacy does have preliminary internal support for MD2 models. Some of the console commands refer to them. However I can't get them to work either. It's probably out and working by now, but I think http://www.frag.com is still dead.

Oddly, http://www.doomlegacy.com is up and running even though it has NOTHING to do with the production of it; it's just a fan site! Sheesh.

Of course there is no telling what the next Doom game will be called, if anything. Hell, it could just be called D3, or Doom. Who knows, who cares. ID's already decided, and I'm sure they're gearing up their hype team and made plenty of fancy logos.

Anyways, this thread bores me now.

deadnail said:

Seirs and Robbuck?

That's the single stupidest motherfucking joke I've ever heard.

Now I'm glad I never read the novels.

Final Doom wasn't really a sequel, just another 64 levels of Doom 2.

Doom 64 was a port of Doom 2, however at the time Doom 2 would've been to old and boring to directly port so they redid all the textures in high color, redid all the animations so they wouldn't be as blurry, and redid all the levels so it would feel like a new game.

It didn't suck, either. Personally I loved it. Just because a company improved a few things doesn't make it blasphemy to the classic. Hell, Doom is a GAME. Don't go into it automatically hating it just because it looks 'different'. "Oh no! They changed something! The bastards! I won't even give it a chance now!"

Doom
III:
Infernal Sky

Has a cute ring to it. It would work.

As for 'The Unreal', do you think ID would be that cliche?

I also own the 4 Doom novels, and to clear everybody comments on the "STUPID" names of the allied aliens in the books. Their names
are not actually "Sears & Roebuck". It was a name they chosen to seperate themselves apart for the heroes(Fly,Arlene) The alien race are really called the "KLAVE" a binary twin pair(who count
as one being)who each looked like a cross between Magilla Gorilla
and Alley Oop. They helped fly,arlene fight the alien race that
created the Doom demons to assault "Mars,Phobos,Deimos" and "Earth".

Ok, when some one tries to beat me when it comes to the DooM novel... The were also looked like ally oop. I know that was the name they chose, and that was thewre name for then! The were not individualist, like humes, and they could not be seperated, that could cause ones death. The Klave technology was very high, they had lazer pistols, and VERY stron space suit. But the lazer did penetrate Albert Gallatins Suit and hit him. They thought they could save him with a Soul Sphere, but there were none left, as said the midik flesh pole thing. There was also Captain Hidalgo, and im glad he died in the teleporter! Those novles were sweet, I love them!!! I just dont like how the last one ends: "there was a box, it said Albert, Albert!? What the hell does that mean" (the other part after dont count, for that was there duplicated soul!} I wish there was a fith book, or a conclusion to that! {the end end that dont count is "several hours later, I awake to strange new world, that has such damn particular creatures!" The End?} I suggest the novel to any DooM fan!!

Jeremy said:

Ahh...and Arlene is also known as "Crash" in Quake 3 Arena? :)
"Doom III: Infernal Sky" sounds good by the way.

Jeremy said:

Whoah,Whoah,Whoah slow down,Yo. The Tsar wasn't trying to question anyone's knowlege on the Doom novels. I was just correcting a comment made on the aliens names,that's all.

Most Walden book stores have it, and Amazon.com, but Amazon is always out of stock!! If not, you could also check n' steel from the local library{hehe}...

Guest Intestinalworm
Tetzlaff said:

Ahh...and Arlene is also known as "Crash" in Quake 3 Arena? :)
"Doom III: Infernal Sky" sounds good by the way.

"Crash" Isn't Arlene. I cant remember what her name is. Go to www.planetquake.com click on the articles button and there should be something about a q3 back story. It's a fairly entertaining read. I tells how all the caracters got into the arena. Its not done just yet.